HWBOT Community Forums
trodas

Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) bios update fail

My Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) have bios v2303:

Asus_Z97_Pro_Wi_Fi_ac_bios_1.jpg

So I load the new bios (all the more recent bioses anyway) on USA flash:

Asus_Z97_Pro_Wi_Fi_ac_bios_2.jpg

I picked up the latest one (v2702) and tried...

Asus_Z97_Pro_Wi_Fi_ac_bios_3.jpg

...to upload it, then I get "not a proper BIOS" message:

Asus_Z97_Pro_Wi_Fi_ac_bios_4.jpg

NONE of the bioses I tested (v2401, v2501, v2601 and v2702) worked. All I download directly from Asus site:

http://www.asus.com/cz/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_ac/HelpDesk_Download/

...so could SOMEBODY tell me, what is going on?!

Next thing - let's try the mainboard function of USB BIOS Flashback - I put into the proper port (page 2-14 "bottom port supports USB BIOS Flashback") USB drive with file in the root directory, renamed by the BRenamerl.exe utility to "Z97P.CAP")

After power up, I hold the BIOS_FLBK button for 3+ seconds and I expected to see 3 blinks of the LED and beggining of the flash proces, but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPEND.

The last attempt to flash bios update on Asus Z97-Pro (WiFi ac) was my attempt to boot from USB flash. Formated as DOS bootable device (or DrDOS) and in both attempts failed. Even afer disconnecting both SATA devices (HDD + DVD).

So the mainboard works, but it did not see the Samsung SM951 (MZ - HPV1280) M.2 128G SSD is not seen as device in bios or HDD prep programs like Mini Tool Partition Wizard Pro. Any help is need:

Asus_Z97_Pro_Wi_Fi_ac_memory_test.jpg

...perhaps it is just me, doing something wrong?

Ooops, my epic fail, lol...

Now I finally have the bios updated! I completely forget, that my mainboard is not "Asus Z97-PRO (WiFi ac)", but a "Asus Z97-PRO (WiFi ac)/USB 3.1" and that means, that I tried different BIOSes. Witch end up with the "impossibility to update" the bios.

Now I running at bios v2702, yet the M.2 SSD (Samsung SM951) is still "not present" in bios, or for HDD prep program (Mini Tool Partition Wizard Professional) or visible for Windows 7 install:

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=150277

Edited by trodas