HWBOT Community Forums

Pro OC Championship Round 1

Gunslinger

No complains about submitting results before submission window!

Just complaining "The submission window for stage 1 is 2/6/16-2/7/16" and at moment stage 1 is only open for 1 second on 7th Feb :D

Just want to make sure that deadline will be adjusted or other guys upload their score on Saturday :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the submission window is not open? What do you complain about then? :P I just checked the rules and it says 6-7 so it cannot work

P.S. If you can´t submit at due date, leave a note, and nice heads up anyway, this needs clarification bc people thought 48 hours, seems 24 when it is 12-12 UTC from 6th to 7th

The intent was for a 48 hour window, I'm trying to get this issue resolved, but I can't do it personally because I have no access to the setup of the page. ( and don't want it either :P)

I've also got a message in to Massman, but he is still travelling I think.

• Administrators

I checked the option to submit, it works - please take in that the stage is shown to end at midnight UTC, until this is fixed or changed I would advise to upload as soon as possible to make things foolproof :) - it was planned different obviously, but let´s make a pro approach and play it safe

Edit deadline extended to 12utc 7.02.2016

Edited by websmile

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of small updates regarding the Pro Championship.

Point distribution:

We're going to go to a 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 distribution going forward, the minimum points awarded will be 1 point.

Non-program participant cash prizes:

Cash will be awarded based on the finishing place amongst the non-program participants regardless of where they rank overall in the standings.

For example, if we were to use the Stage 1 results as the "end of Round 1" final standings the following payouts would occur:

1st place $400: Dancop

2nd place $200: jones965

3rd place $100: BenchBros

pro%20oc%20payout%20example_zpsn3ubl9u6.jpg

Edited by Gunslinger

It's never good to change rules during a running competition, especially when cash prizes are involved!

Rules were not even changed for a running competition, also after a stage was closed and changing points for a closed stage afterwards... why not making everything clear before?

What's the reason for changing the rules after stage 1 was closed?

Edited by BenchBros

It's never good to change rules during a running competition, especially when cash prizes are involved!

Rules were not even changed for a running competition, also after a stage was closed and changing points for a closed stage afterwards... why not making everything clear before?

What's the reason for changing the rules after stage 1 was closed?

While I agree with you that changing rules after a contest has started is typically not desired, but these changes are in an effort to improve the competition and the experience of those who are participating.

The changes are very minor and will only be in effect going forward.

The reason for the change is because of 2 concerns voiced by the current participants.

1. People that are competing getting awarded 0 points, hence the 1 point rule.

2. the question was asked, "what are you going to do with the prize money if nobody places in a position to win it?" The money is in the budget to be awarded to the overclockers participating, would you rather I put it in my pocket?

Couldn't post in the other thread...

When does stage 2 open? A time when it opens would be good as the submission window is rather small.

Also the ranking (points) from stage 1 seems wrong.

Sorry, I just now saw your question.

I see you made your submission in time. :celebration:

The next stage should open as the timer indicates.

The stage 3 window will be open in 13DAYS 16HRS 41MIN

Edited by Gunslinger

2. the question was asked, "what are you going to do with the prize money if nobody places in a position to win it?" The money is in the budget to be awarded to the overclockers participating, would you rather I put it in my pocket?

After Stage 1 enough overclockers were in the position to win it.

However... I dont want to complain. I was just wondering why after so many competitions hosted on HWBot there is still a need for adjusting rules after the competition started...

After Stage 1 enough overclockers were in the position to win it.

However... I dont want to complain. I was just wondering why after so many competitions hosted on HWBot there is still a need for adjusting rules after the competition started...

No worries, I just want any changes to be completely transparent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

As said, try to submit at eoc at comps "submission" tab, there is a submit score button at lower end of the page, usually still works, or submit at hwbot and add it there. I know you submitted allready, Andi, this is more of a heads up to other contestants at all competitions :)