HWBOT Community Forums

ULTIMATE ASUS MATRIX PLATINUM GTX 980 TI AC/LN2 TIPS

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good info - OCP is fixed now :)

Sweet! I hope you can push them further with the fix, would be cool to see how far you can get.

Will you be adding the fix to the original post? I doubt I'll ever need like 1.8 VGPU, especially since I'll most likely be sticking to dry ice. But it would be nice to know in case I ever use Ln2.

New LN2 bioses, improves memory overclocking. Also works for Strix 980Ti with Digi+ ASP1212 VRM controller, does NOT work with cards using SHE VRM controller. Ask if unsure.

m980ti_ln2t3s.rom = Samsung

m980ti_ln2t3h.rom = Hynix

https://copy.com/mUeu8OHRe9K72Dla

OCP fix will not be made public since it's only needed at max freq on LN2 with 1.8V+. In any other situation it's not a problem and only increases the risk of your card being damaged.

Edited by elmor

OCP fix will not be made public since it's only needed at max freq on LN2 with 1.8V+. In any other situation it's not a problem and only increases the risk of your card being damaged.

But if we ask nicely in pm we can have it? :)

(If I decide to get one...)

Those bioses are amazing!

Gained performance and mem clock a lot. On hynix cards I did 2070 with stock voltage before! Now it's 2180 and with 1.65v it was 2110 before, now it's 2210+

Always tested in sli...might be that single card gains more...tests on cold to come!

Flashed it on my Samsung card, got weird "cannot load bios" error from GPU Tweak 2 on startup, power target max %110?

Is it still supposed to be 200% like the other Ln2 bios?

Can't test more as I have to go to work, but I can test more tonight when I get home.

Flashed it on my Samsung card, got weird "cannot load bios" error from GPU Tweak 2 on startup, power target max %110?

Is it still supposed to be 200% like the other Ln2 bios?

Can't test more as I have to go to work, but I can test more tonight when I get home.

Yes, I get 200% power limit. Do you have LN2 mode enabled? Which version of GPUTweakII?

Yes, I get 200% power limit. Do you have LN2 mode enabled? Which version of GPUTweakII?

The newest one from asus site if I remember right.

1.3.0.6? I'm not sure I'm at work right now so I can't check which version.

I'm fairly sure I shut the pc off, flipped to ln2 mode then flashed the bios, restarted pc and I wasn't getting display output for some reason.

Then I flipped to normal mode, and display was working. Then I restarted in ln2 mode and had display, but power limit was 110%.

Maybe the flash didn't work or something, or maybe I didn't flip the switch far enough to ln2 mode.

I'll look when I'm home in 4.5 hours.

The newest one from asus site if I remember right.

1.3.0.6? I'm not sure I'm at work right now so I can't check which version.

I'm fairly sure I shut the pc off, flipped to ln2 mode then flashed the bios, restarted pc and I wasn't getting display output for some reason.

Then I flipped to normal mode, and display was working. Then I restarted in ln2 mode and had display, but power limit was 110%.

Maybe the flash didn't work or something, or maybe I didn't flip the switch far enough to ln2 mode.

I'll look when I'm home in 4.5 hours.

Latest is 1.1.6.9: http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/MATRIX-GTX980TI-P-6GD5-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Also did you short LN2 mode pads? Without this the BIOS switch has no function.

Latest is 1.1.6.9: http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/MATRIX-GTX980TI-P-6GD5-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Also did you short LN2 mode pads? Without this the BIOS switch has no function.

Aww yes 1.1.6.9 is the one I'm on, I couldn't remember the numbers.

Yeah, the old bios was working for me giving 200%.

I shorted ln2 pads with a pencil, it's possible maybe the pencil rubbed off. I will check when I get home, I have a soldering iron now so I can do it properly.

Need to watch some how to guides on soldering first maybe, I've only done it once lol. Don't want to mess anything up!