HWBOT Community Forums

ULTIMATE ASUS MATRIX PLATINUM GTX 980 TI AC/LN2 TIPS

Problems with GPU Tweak when I install all I get is sliders no writing before them at all, I have tried different drivers and some different tweak versions, I even tried a different OS install.

Any idea's?

I had this issue, but it run ok if I start it, close it and start it again. The second time the names are there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! Is there any way to unlock voltage past 1.21 on 980ti strix v2 (samsung, digivrm)? i've tried m980ti_ln2t4s bios and voltage still locked. Maybe some hard mod? Thanks!

You need to short the ln2 pads for higher voltage, check the first post by XA.

Ok i'll try, but how to use it? I've tried setting higher voltage and it says OK, but when i run GPU-Z render, the voltage is still 1.21. Maybe i need specific BIOS or reboot? Thanks.

Be careful. GPU-Z is only reading the VID and not the real voltage. You can trust the reading from this software or preferably use a DMM.

Be careful. GPU-Z is only reading the VID and not the real voltage. You can trust the reading from this software or preferably use a DMM.

This software shows 1.396 no matter what setting i'm using (i.e. 1.225). Maybe i need stock BIOS? How do i know if it works? And where should i hook the multimeter?

This software shows 1.396 no matter what setting i'm using (i.e. 1.225). Maybe i need stock BIOS? How do i know if it works? And where should i hook the multimeter?

Please redownload the file, fixed the reading bug. You can measure the voltages here:

D8SIiEX.png

Please redownload the file, fixed the reading bug. You can measure the voltages here:

Huge thanks! Will test when i'll come home from work. This software must work only on stock bios, or matrix bios, or bios doesn't matter? Do i need to use safe mode or disable driver in device manager, or reboot after setting? How to use it properly? Thx.

P.S. Sorry for stupid answer, but where to hook up ground?

Edited by xermit_2

Tried using the software yesterday, and something definitely happens! Tried setting higher voltage, but card starts to downclock under load with Pwr perfcap reason. I'm using modded stock bios with custom boost table and 350W power limit (higher seems to not work anyway because maybe of hw lock). Also tried flashing Matrix LN2 Bios t4s, and Pwr is gone, but the card started crashing under heavy loads, no matter what voltage i set. My default oc is 1470@1.212 , i've tried 1510 @ 1.25 and it still crashes. I'll try to measure actual voltage this weekend.

• 2 months later...
Tried my card on LN2 last weekend at the MLG bench meet. Used Unigine Heaven Xtreme as I was benching for the Pro OC cup. Had a lot of trouble, card wouldn't do any more than 1850 core. No matter volts or temps.

Tried it again yesterday, this time testing possible clocks with Fire strike GT1. Did 2100 core pretty easily. Then back to Heaven again and...max 1850! Any ideas what's causing this? Or just unlucky and that's the way this card behaves in Heaven? From the top scores it seems Heaven and Fire Strike should be able to do about the same clocks.

@Rauf @elmor

I had this as well, maximum I could set was +413 core clocks. Any fix? do I just need a different gpu-tweak?

@Rauf @elmor

I had this as well, maximum I could set was +413 core clocks. Any fix? do I just need a different gpu-tweak?

For higher clocks in Heaven on Z170, try increasing VCCIO (up to 1.45-1.5V). If you're talking about the slider range, you need to check "Overclocking range enhancement" in the settings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
New LN2 bioses, improves memory overclocking. Also works for Strix 980Ti with Digi+ ASP1212 VRM controller, does NOT work with cards using SHE VRM controller. Ask if unsure.

m980ti_ln2t3s.rom = Samsung

m980ti_ln2t3h.rom = Hynix

https://copy.com/mUeu8OHRe9K72Dla

OCP fix will not be made public since it's only needed at max freq on LN2 with 1.8V+. In any other situation it's not a problem and only increases the risk of your card being damaged.

Late to the party, but happy to have picked up this card to experiment with. Has an ASIC value of 83.1%.

Thank you to Xtreme Addict, Elmor, and many others for this wealth of knowledge that you have passed on.

I'm having errors attempting to flash to the ln2 bios you recommend (version 3 or 4) using nvflash latest version. LN2 pad is soldered/shorted.

Can you pass on any thoughts or tips to what I may be doing wrong? Windows 10 64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

This is along shot but oh well.

I got a problem. Using windows 10 latest nvidia drivers. Got 980Ti matrix platinum. The problem is as follows, i shorted LN2 on the back of the card, switched on LN2 bios on the card itself. Now when i open any OC software, GPUTweakII V2.2.7.0 (newest) i get the whole package, from voltage unlocked to pexvdd to load line etc. Now, no matter what voltage i apply, in GPU-z or HWinfo the voltage is constant of 1.212V regardless. Now it might something to do with software or whatever but not really. Cause i can set 1.3V...1.5V in gputweakII and gputweak monitor will show me using 1.5v right, while othe programs will show 1.212v. The thing is Even if i put 1.5V in gputweak i CANNOT go abote 1.495Ghz or even less. Now if i use a gigabyte, strix modded bios, i cant lets say change memory voltage, load line, pexvdd, vrm clock in gputweak. But i can up the voltage and it shows in gpuz and hwinfo. I can go up to 1534Mhz anything above that games start crashin n stuff. Now why cant i use original ln2 matrix bios to change voltage??? Makes no sense.