HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE's AMD Highest Clock (ever) contest! thread.

MaJ0r

As all we thought, the guys with LN2 will win this contest, I think that people with air cooler and H2O don't have opportunity , even that I did my overclock the 1st days and I will try to add another one with H2O before the contest close.

I hope be a lucky guy to win one of those mobos.

I think the question all of us need to ask is IF you had ln2 do you think that your chip would be doing 7 gig. The answer is if your not validating 5 gig on normal ambient temps most likely not ;)

Just a little humbling perpective.

From my data and what I know I see a few 6.6 and 6.7 gig chips if users had ln2 that are only competing on air.

Edited by chew*

I think the question all of us need to ask is IF you had ln2 do you think that your chip would be doing 7 gig. The answer is if your not validating 5 gig on normal ambient temps most likely not ;)

Just a little humbling perpective.

From my data and what I know I see a few 6.6 and 6.7 gig chips if users had ln2 that are only competing on air.

Yeah, you are right. I just wrote my opinion. I think that my chip isn't good since with H20 I can't pass the 4.6GHz @ 1.650V on Vcore.

I think that this contest also depends of your skill and experience, and to be honest this is my 1st contest in hwbot.

Yeah, you are right. I just wrote my opinion. I think that my chip isn't good since with H20 I can't pass the 4.6GHz @ 1.650V on Vcore.

I think that this contest also depends of your skill and experience, and to be honest this is my 1st contest in hwbot.

I agree it sucks but you always have sandybridge competitions to look forward to where ln2 users won't really have any edge :)

Of course quality of chip will still play a role.

If you want to get that chip a tad faster focus less on volts and see if you can bring temps down more, open a window and use some winter air if available :)

I agree it sucks but you always have sandybridge competitions to look forward to where ln2 users won't really have any edge :)

Of course quality of chip will still play a role.

If you want to get that chip a tad faster focus less on volts and see if you can bring temps down more, open a window and use some winter air if available :)

Yeah, I'm thinking in change to SB since the AMD price/performance isn't more true with those CPUs on the market.

Yeah, I'm thinking in change to SB since the AMD price/performance isn't more true with those CPUs on the market.

probably not the place to discuss it but although the 2500K is not fairing so well OC wise I find it to be more bang for buck than 2600K.

I'm not all to impressed with intels HT on performance with sandy. Seems like core IPC went up but HT performance took a hit.

For gaming as much as I love amd I don't need more than 4 cores and a 2500K may make it into my next build.

Edited by chew*