HWBOT Community Forums

ROG OC SHOWDOWN EXTREME SERIES ROUND 3 DISCUSSION

Achill3uS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules for stage 2 and 3:

â–»Use any ASUS, Nvidia (reference) or AMD (reference) graphics card. No limitation in amount of GPUs.

â–»Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.

No idea what it means:

- multiple cards allowed? Strange, especially when Massman touched this few posts above mentioning "single GPU"

- dual-GPU cards allowed but one core disabled? - that might be my paranoia or overinterpretation, feel free to mock me :)

Please clarify. :)

• Administrators
Thanks for the feedback!

After considering this, we all agreed that it would be best to limit to single GPU. The limitation has been added to the competition too.

Single GPU Core, I already tagged this be specified (aka remove the "no limitation in amount of GPUs"), one GPU, one Core, no core disabling allowed as we want to keep it simple

• Administrators

No Evga, msi, HIS, Sapphire or whatever boardpartner card except for Asus cards - apart from this you can use Nvidia or amd branded cards, OEMs directly from manufacturer. I already wrote this before, maybe now it becomes more clear, Asus allowed, Nvidia or AMD branded cards allowed (OEM), others not allowed

• Administrators

I made a first check to give people a hint, lots of results removed (on 3d no asus/reference card used, missing mainboard tabs, missing background etc). I did not enforce the rule of SPD tab needed, will have to talk to Pieter if we make rules more clear on this or skip it, normally it was thought to be mandatory for all subs, but now is only listed at 01. Will keep you updated, so please check this thread regularly :)

• Administrators

Ok, got an important clarification/change for the rules:

Enthusiasts, Rookies and Novice members are allowed to participate at Extreme showdown under these premises

1. They have not participated in stage 1 or 2 of Asus Formula series

2. They are of course limited to ambient cooling solutions

3. As seen at #1, if you participate in extreme series stage 3 you are not eligible to participate in round 3 of upcoming Formula series if this starts

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask, we got this clarification today, so if you have participated in Formula 1 or 2 you can´t participate at extreme showdown, if you plan to join stage 3 of Formula series, think twice if you enter extreme series, you will not be eligible anymore :)

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

Rules update

SPD tab not mandatory

We removed the SPD tab requirement, Pieter also made the rules more clear, it is better to keep things simple, reason for this is that AFR are retail now and we have no chance anyway to distiguish between retail purchased memory and samples on most vendors. Rules have been clarified now, if you find anything that is still not clear for you, let me know and feel free to ask.

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

I took a look at the results, didn´t moderate them though, will do next day - please check aquamark rules, the screenshot has to be obtained with the integrated screenshot tool, which sinmply means you have to have your gpuz and cpuz windows opened when you save the result! - saving the result and then doing another screenshot for validation purposes with an external tool is not valid, I saw at least two results which I will have to block, so please re run am3 if you now see the mistake :)

P.S. did the check now, please note that only amd, nvidia or Asus branded cards are allowed for 3d, and if you miss a score, check the rules please :)

Edited by websmile
typo master :p

• Administrators

Last check before commp ends, had to remove or block some results (removed bc of missing mainboard tabs and backgrounds)

P.S. I removed another result now that I had info on it, if you have problems to submit am3, try to bench with sysinfo disabled

Edited by websmile

Anyone had "unable to parse datafile" in AM3 with i3? I suspect that running 4 dimms is the case here, I noticed that AM3 wrapper shows "16 GB <OUT OF SPEC> DIMM".

Funny, because with 2 dimms it showed "Unknown Unknown" properly.

I take it that workaround is system info disabled but anyway it would be pity if I had to use backup that's more than 50k worse :(

• Administrators

Final check done, unfortunately I had to remove a few subs due to background missing and block some due to insufficient verification.

At ties, I usually go with first stage result, then second one to determine if there is no explicit tie breaker rule