HWBOT Community Forums

GIGABYTE Z170-Winter OC Challenge Ambient 4 Cores

websmile

• Administrators

Tba rules updates and questions answered

General question: who can participate at ambient challenge - only members of rookie, novice or enthusiast, and cooling is limited to non subzero, ambient as said

Edited by websmile

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I do not want to annoy you, we made this 4503 because of the problem with fluctuation. There has to be a solid limit, sorry that your bad luck at screening spoiled the fun but at a competition for prizes, I have to handle this strictly and cpuz frequency shown is the decider

Yes I have my XTU showing 4.49Ghz, my CPU-Z is showing 4502.2Mhz, which after reading the previous posts, I then decided to check all the Stage Rules again and noticed that it said 4500mhz for XTU and the other 2 were 4503mhz, which is why I thought I'd better double check.

So my XTU screenshot is valid correct ?

Some of the scores posted for the various stages, appear to be ridiculously high for 4500mhz. As in just unattainable and it appears that they have been run at higher frequencies and then the frequency put back to 4500mhz using GTL after the bench is run, which the icon for GTL can be clearly seen in some of the screenshots. Also the voltages in CPU-Z for the high scores, are also equating to voltages for higher frequencies and would not be needed to be set that high for 4.5 Ghz. Just bringing this to everyone's attention, because it would not be fair if people did cheat.

Following are a few examples that just don't look right.

Example 1 - http://img.hwbot.org/u43611/image_id_1595263.jpg

Vcore is at 1.6 which is like for 5.0ghz and above and not needed for 4.5ghz and the score is basically what you would get if you ran at 5ghz not 4.5ghz.

Example 2 - http://img.hwbot.org/u62680/image_id_1595160.png

Geekbench Multi Score, just seems a bit too high for 4500mhz, when others are at around 20,100-20,200 approx.

Example 3 - http://img.hwbot.org/u60320/image_id_1595196.jpg

Again just seems way to high for Prime 0.8.3 at 4500mhz and again look at the Vcore voltage 1.46.

6700k can run 4.5ghz all day long at 1.28-1.30 volts and that's running Prime 95 v28.7 which puts way more load on the cpu.

Edited by Fact11

• Administrators

I will of course check these, on the volts GA often shows wrong iirc depending on which os and if ypu transferred - but I can assure you that I could beat most of this with 1 hour work at same frequency, on hwbotprime we have several big scores because people tested and have even videoproof, Geekbench is OS and memtweaking plus more tweaking etc. I have seen screens of 6700k that show 2,2vcore at xtu, so of course I will check all, and all four stages, but I think it is always a bit early to point the finger when results are not even pre checked :)

I will of course check these, on the volts GA often shows wrong iirc depending on which os and if ypu transferred - but I can assure you that I could beat most of this with 1 hour work at same frequency, on hwbotprime we have several big scores because people tested and have even videoproof, Geekbench is OS and memtweaking plus more tweaking etc. I have seen screens of 6700k that show 2,2vcore at xtu, so of course I will check all, and all four stages, but I think it is always a bit early to point the finger when results are not even pre checked :)

i think u can beat these scores easily . I only had the motherboard 2 days ago and i had to bench for 2 cores and 4 cores competitions .

When i saw the big hwbotprime's scores i thought they were bugued at first but i was able repeat them consistently .

I had higher score (+100 points ) but but i decided not so save them .

When i see 7200+ at 5ghz i assume thoses scores were ok finally .

I have videos too .

• Administrators

I checked the results, I saw videoproof also at extreme stage and tested myself. The hwbotprimes are possible and valid, it may be time to check and test Java again to find best version which gives big boost. Don´t forget that hwbotprime is based on software.