HWBOT Community Forums

Computex 2016

M.Beier

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I remember, the 5 star hotels in Taipei are fairly pricey... $280/night or higher.

I use AirBnb this time around...

I would recommend anywhere near MRT.... It is very easy to get around....

Blue line is most ideal, but honestly, if brown, red or green line, no problem... Not a big deal..

If only consider ease of getting back and forth... Google maps: Nangang exhibition and then Taipei 101....... And finally: TWTC

I honestly dont remember good/bad areas too much, this might make Massman giggle..... But, I think near Taipei City Hall MRT station would make sense... :)

EDIT:

Speaking of the devil, turns out W Hotel & Le Meridien is in that area, but it wont be cheap.

Edited by M.Beier

Also, I've got myself a ticket as an International visitor, that gets me into Computex for June 2nd – June 5th, 2015 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM.

Is it possible to arrange access for the two earlier event days?

I got the info from here:

http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_US/show/info.html?id=8507045EE3547428D0636733C6861689&sFuncID=8507045EE3547428D0636733C6861689

Still says 2015, so presume it's wrong.

But in the past, international visitors had access for the full time of the event?

Edited by FatBoyNotSoSlim

Eager to hear this @Massman I'll be basing my trip around it.

Believe me, here will be where I post the details first! :celebration:

Try https://computex.leadexpo.com/EN-index.html

Eager to hear this @Massman I'll be basing my trip around it.

From May 31 until June 4 we are Nangang Exhibition Hall, 4th floor (9AM - 6PM). A ticket gets you a table in the area where you can bench all you want or participate in the World Series competition. The World Series competition is the same format like every event: qualifier + 1vs1 finals.

• May 31: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 1: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 2: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 3: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 4: 2x semi-final + bronze final + grand final

If you win the day event, you qualify for the final day. The winner on June 4 grabs the ticket to the World Championship.

Just like any other World Tour event, this is a BYOC gathering. However, we are looking to figure out how to get the monitor/psu/hw arranged so you don't have to travel with too much gear. :)

Stay tuned for more details :celebration: !

From May 31 until June 4 we are Nangang Exhibition Hall, 4th floor (9AM - 6PM). A ticket gets you a table in the area where you can bench all you want or participate in the World Series competition. The World Series competition is the same format like every event: qualifier + 1vs1 finals.

• May 31: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 1: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 2: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 3: 3h qualifier, top-2 in 1vs1 final
  • June 4: 2x semi-final + bronze final + grand final

If you win the day event, you qualify for the final day. The winner on June 4 grabs the ticket to the World Championship.

Just like any other World Tour event, this is a BYOC gathering. However, we are looking to figure out how to get the monitor/psu/hw arranged so you don't have to travel with too much gear. :)

Stay tuned for more details :celebration: !

Pardon my ignorance, I've not been too much on hwbot in the past long while..

Ticket, as in a qualifier? Or everyone interested in OC that will attend computex and have access?

I hope there's some freestyler room too :)

Like with the Gamers Assembly, the space is yours with a ticket. If you want to use it for preparing the GSKILL competition, no problem. If you want to use it to show the power of an Overclocker Pentium Overdrive go ahead.

G.SKILL had already reached out to sync our programs. Since the live qualifier style will be the same like the previous years (2h timeslots), it will be possible for people who are interested to qualify for both competition finals. The big final of GSKILL's World Cup is on Friday, the World Series is on Saturday :)

Oh and FYI guys ... keep your agenda open for the evening on May 30th :D

G.SKILL had already reached out to sync our programs. Since the live qualifier style will be the same like the previous years (2h timeslots), it will be possible for people who are interested to qualify for both competition finals. The big final of GSKILL's World Cup is on Friday, the World Series is on Saturday :)

Oh and FYI guys ... keep your agenda open for the evening on May 30th :D

30th, what should I add to the #0 post? ;)

Partai?