HWBOT Community Forums

B-Die Binning

Hello,

Would anyone happen to know if the following Corsair kit is B-Die, or any overclocking experience with them?

VENGEANCE LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - White LED (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16)

Link: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3200mhz-c16-memory-kit-white-led-cmu16gx4m2c3200c16

Thank you

Hello,

Would anyone happen to know if the following Corsair kit is B-Die, or any overclocking experience with them?

VENGEANCE LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit - White LED (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16)

Link: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-led-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-dram-3200mhz-c16-memory-kit-white-led-cmu16gx4m2c3200c16

Thank you

Most likely double-sided Samsung E-die or single-sided Hynix AFR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@sabishiihito : Actually my 3466 C16 kit above did 4K C12 at 2v, but it scale up to 2.05v with latest BIOS with waza. My tips for B-Die binning is find the right VTTDDR (usually around 0.925-0.9875v, many kit just 0.925v or 0.95v). When you already have the right VTTDDR (Testing it with SuperPi 32m Waza), you can push DRAM Voltage as much as the mem still scaling. My 3466 topped out at 2.05v. Always testing it with 32m Waza if you want to know the right voltage first ;)

I mean how you figure out which is the perfect vttddr for your kit?

For example if spi 32m works with 0.925/0.95/0.987 v the same way,with no errors,which one is the good one ?

Or at a certain point one or two of them they will throw your ram unstable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if you push above your current limit, try which vtt is better. It will show more stability. If until 0.9875v it still scale push more, until you see negative scaling, usually more vtt more stable and you can push more mhz until negative scaling.

//edit

Forgot to add something, default vtt is half of vdram, sometimes people just set vdram from BIOS and push more vdram it causing unstability, maybe its not vdram limit just vttddr limit, and some memory need more vttddr then vdram.

Edited by speed.fastest

• 3 weeks later...
if you push above your current limit, try which vtt is better. It will show more stability. If until 0.9875v it still scale push more, until you see negative scaling, usually more vtt more stable and you can push more mhz until negative scaling.

//edit

Forgot to add something, default vtt is half of vdram, sometimes people just set vdram from BIOS and push more vdram it causing unstability, maybe its not vdram limit just vttddr limit, and some memory need more vttddr then vdram.

How you test the imc on your cpu ?

How can you find out if that one is the limit and not the ram kit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tested 4266 rgb,failed to train 4000 12 12 12 1.85-2V. Also latest 4266 were worser on tight timings compared to 3600c16. Latest 3733 c17 and 3600c15 again were worser,1707 serial week,1701 on pcb,644 week on IC.

On the average from 5 sets of 3600C16 i had way better average than on 7 sets of 4266.Not to mention that 4266 i had 3 kits with one module DOA.

It is what it is , i binned over 100 kits overall and i have 3 modules super good,found about 6 GOOD(4133 12 11 11 Spi 32M wazza) and about 10 4000-4040 which is in my book average.

My advice would be to get a few kits of 3600 17-18-18 or 16 16 16 NON-RGB and keep the best,return the rest.

Sorry to be the deal-breaker for the RGB but the different PCB makes handling a bunny, for instance lots of 55 codes at reboot or cold-startup at the same time when they were memtest-stable,this is PCB to blaim,might be additional noise caused by the leds or motherboards that are not perfect tuned for this.

I stated my own experience , you can believe me or not,this is opinion based as i said 100 kits of b-die G.skill retail tested,completely waste of cash ,time and resources . While you might see other "retail" kits 4200+ superpi stable, you know unicorns do not exist and real-life experience is so harsh :)

I have been reading all your guides on DDR4 memory overclocking and I have the Trident Z 3600 C17 Kit and an Apex motherboard. I am trying to overclock to 4133mhz C12 and am getting the qcode 49, which stays on there for about 5-10 seconds and then it changes qcode 2b and then stays at that code until I either power off the board or press the safe mode button.

Could you please tell me what those codes mean as they are not in the Apex manual and what would I need to adjust in my memory timings to overcome those two codes and get it to boot up? Thanks.

• Like 1

When overclocking b-die memory on an Asus Z270 Apex board with tight timings of 12-11-11-28-220-1T at speeds of either 4000 or 4133mhz, what does it mean when upon memory training and boot up, it gets a code of 49 followed by a code of 2b on the LED display on the board?

Is it a problem with timings, or RTL/IOLS or voltages ?

Wrong subtimings or.mems need more volts or less volts or they can't handle that speed.... Try 3866 profile fredyama profile, does it work?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes Fredyama's 3866 profile does work, the only change I had to make was setting IO and SA voltage both from AUTO to 1.25 volts. Dram voltage is at 1.90 volts which is what the profile sets it to. All the timings in the 3866 profile worked perfectly.

But what does that mean in relation to trying to get 4133 C12 to work ?

I have read all your DDR4 guides that you have written, which has helped me learn how to overclock b-die, but the codes 49 and 2b are not covered in your guides as to what they could be referring to and what to change, which is why I am not sure what to fix in order for it to work successfully at 4133.