HWBOT Community Forums

Excavator

Yes, its default memory controller value. This doesnt mean nothing (example FX has 1866 MHz and it can holt around 2500 MHz stable)

I think Excavator in Bristol Ridge will have

1)higher default clocks

2)16x PCIe 3.0

3)maybe doubled L2 cache

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes IDE mode , working good :)

But AMD WR is untouchable - i was just checking to compare efficiency with other AMD's and found a lot of guys did 9m runs at 8GHz on Vishera :D

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/superpi_-_32m/rankings?hardwareTypeId=processor_2689&cores=8#start=0#interval=20

But still very impressive efficiency that excavator got , so far lots of fun with it ! :D

Sub 11 Minutes, 4.3Ghz and 1.6Ghz NB :eek: :eek: :eek:

What BCLK did you boot into OS?

Its interesting , boots in windows with around ~ 117MHz , but with 120 wont even post .

So what i did is boot at 112 then used the Turbo V utility Flanker shared and linked here on previous pages . If boot with default 100 , utility wont allow such high BCLK , but when boot with 112 and then use TurboV (i guessing mobo changes some subtimings or something ) it worked up to 123 ! :D

Also had to increase

APU1.2V Voltage = 1.25v

VDDA Voltage = 2.10v

:)

Wow, nice!!

I'm thinking that the Excavator might need Hypers to get to great performance. Having played with Vishera a lot this month, it's quite clear that you need >DDR3-2600 with Samsung to get anywhere close to the performance Hypers have with 2000C7 or so. Considering the low NB frequency, I'd say tight timings is more beneficial than high memory frequency.

Are you still on air cooling, Gorod?

Massman oh year air cooling , the big one :D Noctua NH-D15 .

Speaking of RAM frequency , managed to get my Dominators to 2600+ with x4 845 , it was not stable for 32M though , only light benches . Compared to Kaveri if felt a little more difficult to hit same memory frequencies ( Kaveri with same memory kit and same mobo had 2640 prime blend stable )

attachment.php?attachmentid=3995&stc=1&d=1457663899

• 5 weeks later...

I had not much LN2, so I keep it around -50 C only and at this temps no CCB and no CB :) But issue seems BCLK SATA IDE. MAybe any next piece of 845 could be better or we need PCIe reduction and M2 into this? Hope someone else will try this chip...

How many 845 have you tested bro?

I tested 3 and all have similar default Turbo VID at 1.475 - 1.4875V, Rather high compared to some other Kaveri athlons (except Godavari APU 7870k/7890k). Maybe these chips is already running close to its FMax? That would answer why AMD don't release K-version of these Athlon.

I had not much LN2, so I keep it around -50 C only and at this temps no CCB and no CB :) But issue seems BCLK SATA IDE. MAybe any next piece of 845 could be better or we need PCIe reduction and M2 into this? Hope someone else will try this chip...

So it seems to be better than the A10-7850K sample that i have tested which had CB at around -40ºC :D

Unfortunately they doesn't sell those Athlons in Brazil, would love to give this X4 845 a try.

Edited by NoMS