HWBOT Community Forums

Official Discussion Thread for G.SKILL OC World Cup 2016

Massman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Sorry, did not see the post your post, Garon. No LN2 board, general competition rules are applying, no es and no unreleased hardware. Too bad that Gigabyte decided to not release the LN2 version

P.S. to clarify this when I am already at it, no MOCF as well as Asrock fails on release for years now :D - it is not available retail at comp start as well, so it is out

Edited by websmile

Sorry, did not see the post your post, Garon. No LN2 board, general competition rules are applying, no es and no unreleased hardware. Too bad that Gigabyte decided to not release the LN2 version

P.S. to clarify this when I am already at it, no MOCF as well as Asrock fails on release for years now :D - it is not available retail at comp start as well, so it is out

tricky loopholes can be created here! it should be that if its not retail at start of qualifiers then it should not be allowed in final same with "special" bios version releasing on thread the night before is BS.

there are "players" that thrive on abusing these types of rules and they get off on knowing they can show us the finger with out penalty. just saying #flashback

Thanks Michael. Clears it up.

I'd use my OCF but it crapped a dimm slot the second time I used it on air. Right after I prepped it for cold. FML. So SOC-FORCE it is.

• Administrators

@DrWeez I will not be judge at finals, on the special BIOS versions I can´t make a statement, this might have to be solved at Computex itself, talk to jdges before final starts but I have to say, this is very hard to control most likely and I am happy I do not have to handle this. On the non released hardware and es, these are ruled out for finals by rules, and imho this is valid as the qualifier is start of the competition and this is time stamp for released or not released. I hope you understand that this is all I can say, a job as judge at a live competition is not easy and I do not want to interfere on this and make statements that cause trouble for the guys at their not easy task

You are welcome, Garon, sad to hear ocf is defective, I know these are hard to get at australia

Guest Digg_de
Please note that screenshots for 01 and 11 need two! GPUZ tabs, one main and one snsor tab to show the real frequency - it seems that there were some questions, so I hope the heads helps :)

So GPU-Z has to run in the Background cause Idle the GPU Clock goes down.

Guest Digg_de

Hmm, when i push the BCLK @Windows with Formula Drive, GPU-Z (Sensor Tab) don't show the extra MHz.. GPU and Mem, too. :(

3dm111sjwg.png

• Administrators

I can live with that, it is IGP, as long as I don´t see a 980TI at freq the result will not get removed or blocked :D - we are well aware of the fact that the igp frequency might not be 100% precise, so don´t worry :)

FYI, running GPU-Z in the background while selecting 'max' on the logging has little to no performance disadvantages, but just in case you guys don't want absolutely anything ran on the background, after the test is done you can always 'load' the IGP by doing the GPUz render test (the '?' button next to the bus interface).

Hope that helps :)