HWBOT Community Forums

Hardware Library or Advanced submission search not working

This happens with some users and until it is fixed here is a workaround:

When does this happen? When browsing submissions from the hardware library, example:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3985&d=1457511741

When you click "69" it links to link

attachment.php?attachmentid=3986&d=1457511741

It says "No submissions found." when there should be 69 submissions.

What you need to do is edit the url from "username=pilu[...]" to "user=pilu[...]" or, if you know your userId, "userId=99287[...]" (Easiest way to find your userId is to go to the "My Account" page or your forum profile page and look up the name of your signature image http://hwbot.org/signature/u99287.png)

Result:

With "user"

With "userId"

attachment.php?attachmentid=3987&d=1457511741

Now if when you click the arrow to go on the next page, the page becomes empty and/or you see other people's results, add "limit" parameter to the url:

Result with &limit=100:

With "user"

With "userId"

Edited by Christian Ney

Check mine out... some weird behavior (which I believe @Massman has said is related to intentionally reduced search capabilities).

Regular URL works fine. When I click to go to the next page, it shows no results though there should be 42 according to my hardware library.

http://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?username=xxbassplayerxx&cpuId=2211

When I change the URL, it's actually able to load a second page but it is no longer limited to my results.

http://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?user=xxbassplayerxx&cpuId=2211

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
When looking-up the hardware DB for a XX GPU or XX CPU, there is no information displayed.

When posting scores for 3D Mark Ice Storm, Ice Storm Extreme, Catzilla 576p, and 720p, the result is 0.0. This is even if you placed 1st with your hardware.

I've noticed with the hw db sometimes it shows up at the bottom of the page not the right, probably due to resolution. So try scrolling down. For the pts for those benchmarks. They literally have had pts pulled from them. Go to the benchmarks page on hwbot and you'll see.

^ If the points were pulled for the reason that I think.....

Lets make it even in the 3D world :) NO card below DX11 allowed. That should eliminate some old benchmarks that are still around. It should also free up a-lot of disk space taken up by OLD\JUNK hardware.

All you have to do is look to the RIGHT on the HOME PAGE. WARP9-SYSTEMS is not in FIRST PLACE because they are benching the latest and greatest gear. I hope you know the rest....

Lets make it even in the 3D world :) NO card below DX11 allowed. That should eliminate some old benchmarks that are still around. It should also free up a-lot of disk space taken up by OLD\JUNK hardware.

All you have to do is look to the RIGHT on the HOME PAGE. WARP9-SYSTEMS is not in FIRST PLACE because they are benching the latest and greatest gear. I hope you know the rest....

I don't know why you're so salty. If the pts are so "ez" to get then there is no reason you can't go get them. They're on cheap hw. So if you aren't able to go get them then perhaps you need to get better at OC? You can push the crap outta anything, case in point my recent work on intel igpus. Too many lame OCs there, so I've been working to get rid of their pts :)

Who is this?

This is not the MM that I know.

Edited by Mr.Scott

MM writes like me ... it's in sarcasm mode. ;) Just the post on page 1 is his real concern. The benchmarks on certain gpu's make 0 points now.

The Rev7 algorithm has adjusted points drastically.

MM writes like me ... it's in sarcasm mode. ;) Just the post on page 1 is his real concern. The benchmarks on certain gpu's make 0 points now.

The Rev7 algorithm has adjusted points drastically.

Well all the changes are supposedly based on what we all asked for. So you only have your fellow benchers to blame that a bench that bases res on desktop res had it's pts pulled. For catzilla I don't know the reason, but perhaps people are tired of making ram drives because a "3d" bench adds load time to the score?

It's just the Revision7 formula now being used. Before was bunches of average scores & then the 70% cliff cut off came. That's the confusion.

But it doesn't have to be confusing. Shaken up is the point system they used to know. That's research what to do now.

A good score for enthusiast 30 points, better cooling 60 points OR world record stuff 120 points. That's basically the structure.

0 point benches catzilla & ice storm are just not that popular.

If you research a gpu like a Gtx580 Gtx680 then you see popular stuff making points. Yes firestrike, cloud gate, skydiver can do it.

BUT an uncommon gpu like a GTX 550ti has not seen the same traffic " not benched as much " so less points there to chase.

The points on offer OR not on offer are relative to the popularity of the benchmark.

Gtx580 3D benches heaps of submissions 100's 1000's

Uncommon Gpu's then a mostly ignored benchmark with it. Say 5 or 10 members submit = 0 points

Only thing that you must do now is stay close to the #1 scorer. It's about great points now. Mediocre scores pack up & go home.

OR upgrade to Apprentice. 6Ghz scores can make plenty of points.

I'm sure that's feature of the new revision. 161+ Thousand Enthusiast can up league & do better. ;) The biggest bunch to draw from

Edited by Guest
points not scores edit. Haha

I know how it used to look. I even did some that made 2-5 points

It's just going to do your head in, trying to work out why. The algorithm is complex.

Theory ... later when/ if the 70% cliff gets an adjust, some of the 0 point benches may get benefit.

We can never predict anyway. I'm just going to hit the benches I like doing anyway.

If the change comes ie an adjustment then all the low point stuff can improve. As you've submitted anyway heaps.

________

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/3dmark_-_fire_strike_ultra/rankings?hardwareTypeId=videocard_1913&cores=1#start=0#interval=20

This one haha a 22 point score " but it's LOD unfortunately " then all scores following make 0 points.

That cliff thing top score is way beyond others

Oh I missed that. More benchmarks of no points, then the cheaters get the rest killed off.

No incentive to try those less popular benches then, many think to gain points as reward on efforts.

Who is this?

This is not the MM that I know.

I'm sorry for not asking first to be able to reference your site. I apologize Mr.Scott for this error.

I hate the feeling of move up or out (Hardware Wise). I would rather read about XX who took a 1.x Pen-VI NorthWood to 4.x than about who has the best hardware OCed.

For every "K|inP|n" that benches 2 x 1080Ti (EVGA KP's that cost $1,200+ each) to a world record worth 401.2 point's, you have 10 that are benching 2 x 550ti, 660ti, 5870, and 6870. Theses cards can be had for under $50 and still give good point's, except in already said benches. In those benches they are worth 0 EVEN if you are #1

http://hwbot.org/submission3775098_no1spank_catzilla___720p_radeon_hd_6870_8183_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/3426537_poparamiro_catzilla___720p_radeon_hd_5870_9440_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/2573108_noxon_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_660_ti_18528_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/3743166_bullshooter_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_560_ti_11635_marks

If you HAVE A 1 x 1080Ti ($$$$) you have 236.8 points for 1st place or 2 x 1080Ti for 401.2 points for 1st place????

http://hwbot.org/submission/3728767_rauf_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_83024_marks

I have not EVEN gotten into 3D MARK 01. I have not tested this completely but at XX driver version an ATI\AMD video card will not run it. You do not even have this problem with current Nvidia's cards\drivers???

Thank You For Your Time

Resistance to change. + these members are having to buy other parts now to bench for points.

I thought for a long time all you need is a 5GHZ processor & smash points out the park. $$$ factor for some on budget.

I did not get it? Why members are not embracing Rev7, instead complaining. Forget how we focus & see it the way they do.

This member " not happy " see what his parts are & you'll understand, loss of points & less now make points.

http://hwbot.org/user/sburnolo/#Hardware_Library

It's a big shake up for them not expecting that impact. I was ready for it, saw the hit on points coming & prepared to push on.

^ What I was saying was that the lower res is where these older cards can run. They have a problem at 1440 & 4K. One other thing that was missed was clicking on the links.

EVERYBODY that is using a $50 card has his points zeroed out (0.0). The last link shows that people with TOP GEAR ($$$) are not effected. The basic page shows that they received 0.0 points for their submission. Click on the link like I did and it show that these persons received points for their submission????

ARE WE PLAYING DOUBLE STANDARDS?????

... no point closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

I still have the 4:3 old lcd's ... not plugged in for ages. Use the 1080p screen for almost everything.

We get the reference $50 gpu's to high end ones. Nothings changed, you still make bigger points if you spend money.

Revision 7 is in MM ... what can you do? Some people win with the changes & others lost big time. So we push on :)

0 point benches ... I know, not a fan of that either.