HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Z170 March OC Madness Ambient thread.

ksateaaa23

• Administrators

Stage 2 is full out, I will check all results very close btw on this. We are on the brink of changing cooling options after the introduction of the apprentice league, this might be last enthusiast competition for some...

P.S. I checked the results of stage 1 already, I had to remove few scores (COUZ missing or hwm), good job, most results were solid :)

• Administrators

Will be announced soon, let´s simply say that subzero cooling at ambient league!!! with gadgets like this or similar cooling methods will no longer be tolerated...

We made enough appeals to honour and reason now, if this doesn´t help we will have to make it happen differently

Yeah fair enough. Also for ambient stages, I think submerging radiators into ice filled tubs of frozen water, is sort of like cheating, because its driving the temperature of the cpu down to below an ambient state and should not be allowed for the ambient category. For the extreme category that is meant for super low temps, then submerging radiators into freezing liquids is perfectly fine, as it is in line with extreme temps. But for ambient stuff, I think its fair that radiators be used as they are intended to and only be cooled with fans as per their design, which fits with the description of ambient meaning air temperature, not frozen blocks of ice!!!

Okay, nvidiaforever2 is living 8 hours away from me so I decided to do a video call instead that lasted about 45 minutes. During those 45 minutes I asked him many many many things (show me this, show me that, test this, test that). He delivered, everything went smooth, not a slight doubt. Frequencies, Temperatures (cpu, water, room), Cooling, Score, you name it was verified.

Guest george.kokovinis
Okay, nvidiaforever2 is living 8 hours away from me so I decided to do a video call instead that lasted about 45 minutes. During those 45 minutes I asked him many many many things (show me this, show me that, test this, test that). He delivered, everything went smooth, not a slight doubt. Frequencies, Temperatures (cpu, water, room), Cooling, Score, you name it was verified.

In that case, we have an isolated case of irrational exuberance, that happens 1 time in 10.000 cases.

Since the head of moderation can and will take responsibility for NVF's submissions, I personally owe to NVF and to the forum a sincere apology.

Thanks much to Christian and NVF for taking the needed time to clarify for many.

If Christian has "seen it to believe it" and is satisfied that the setup qualifies for ambient comp, then end of subject for me.

Hats off to Nvidia, as obviously I still have my training wheels on.

Over and out.