HWBOT Community Forums

P67/Z68 BIOS collection

Massman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
so you just have to put in an ES cpu and than it will work???

are you sure

No,i meant he must be using an ES,but he has just stated he's got a retail,even though i was under the impression that "retail"chips are not officialy released till the 29th,apart from "official" testers.

Anyone know of any other IB-supported BIOSes for the MIVE?

I have had a terrible time with my MIVE and the 3770k that I just purchased.

This morning I updated to the latest BIOS posted on Asus's site (3208) and did a cmos reset and swapped out my 2600k [worked with 0 issues] and popped in the 3770k.

First of all It won't boot with rated speeds on this memory (it would work on the 2600k no problem): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231454

Which from what I can tell it is PSC per a thread on XS. The fastest I can get it to boot is DDR3-2000 - which sometimes gives an F2 boot code. Consistently 1866 is the highest I can go [without messing with bclk]. Whether I try using the XMP profile or set it up myself via the rated timings I just get debug code '23'. I tried looking in the manual for that code but I can't find anything directly stating 23 unless maybe I am blind.

Beyond that problem it appears that most of the time I boot into Windows both of my monitors go into Power Saving mode and won't ever come back out. I've updated and downgraded my nVidia drivers (I have a single GTX 580 Matrix card) and it hasn't made any difference.

-- edit it looks like the only driver that is working somewhat consistently is the microsoft auto-install one (290.xx)

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Janus67