HWBOT Community Forums

P67/Z68 BIOS collection

Massman

Yeah, F6a shows improvement over F4. Before it refused to post or work above 4.8GHz, no matter the multiplier, BCLK or core count. Now the chip does 5243MHz benchable with 1.435Vcore on ambiental water cooling! :) That's with two cores enabled though. I'm gonna push some cold this weekend with my D.I.Y. cascade, add some volts and see where it gets me. If it's gonna be too cold for the IMC, I'm gonna try single stage unit :P

5242_pi32m.PNG

I figure lga2011 will scale under cold, allow bclk OCing, and cost $2k for the top chip.

If the community asks for it, I'm more than ready to limit the 'normal overclocker' rankings to reasonably prices hardware and leave the pro rankings for all the expensive hardware.

Show be read as: Now Intel has perfect control over FSB, Multiplier and no motherboard can overcome the limitations yet.

since the limitations are inside the CPU and no longer controlled by L1 bridges, chipsets or clock generators; I'd say we're screwed getting "more value for money" as an "overclocking" incentive ;)

further proof:

If the community asks for it, I'm more than ready to limit the 'normal overclocker' rankings to reasonably prices hardware and leave the pro rankings for all the expensive hardware.

haha, i see a new hot debate starting soon :D

what is reasonable priced? is it the common 1000 usd/euro for the high end chips?

how about the intel xeon x5680 or the upcoming x5690 for 1500 euro or even more?

:P

I have to say that if I'm right I'm going to be very annoyed with Intel.

Figuring out where to draw the line on "reasonably priced" would be quite the trick. I'd leave it how it is, personally.

(unless Intel's 12 core chip hits 2ghz more then all others but costs $15k, that's an easy line :P)

Started overclocking my new 2500k + P67A-UD3 and i got an issue

It doesnt matter which bios i use (the new F6A or the non-beta F5) after a few reboots my mobo is reflashing itself using the backup bios chip into the F2 version. Im using the new @bios that was posted here.

Help plz

the dual bios feature is a little sensitive right now and it trips a bit sooner than it should, ive been told bios guys will relax it a bit so it doesnt flick to backup mode so easy

if you see it happen just flick the switch off the PSU and clear cmos and start clocking again.

Maybe this:

GA-P67A-UD7 - F7b

GA-P67A-UD5 - F6b

GA-P67A-UD4 - F7d

GA-P67A-UD3 - F6b

Tried F6a on the P67A-UD3P but I can't boot past 45x multi or 101bclk even at 1.5v CPU on air with a D2 2600K. Tried enabling and disabling PLL overrider. :(

Disabled C1E, Turbo boost, C3/C6, and EIST. Also disabled Isochronous Support and Virtualization Tech. :shrug:

Edited by Linuxfan2000

Got it with all settings either on auto or normal to do pifast/1M Spi/32M WPrime at 5ghz 1.5v on air still 32oC idle, but when I got to 5.1 it was unstable for Wprime and blue screened on me.

Had a hard time getting it back on after a bunch of resets I was able to avoid the backup F2 BIOS which is not good for overclocking...

Is there a way to disable the annoying backup BIOS? It resets to it all the time...

Here's what its doing.

I get into BIOS and its running the 1st updated one like its supposed to.

I get my 4.9ghz safe setting and hit F10 and save it.

It hangs black screen for a while but doesn't beep and turn on at 4.9 like its supposed to, it crashes, then reboots.

Don't know if it reboots into the F2 bios or not but after it reboots it hangs on the pretty Gig post screen, crashes from there, then hangs there again. So now I have to reset and get it back to the new BIOS.

So need help to find how I can get my saved setting working again!

Thanks

Edit: Now when just restarting from the hang bios screen with the reset pins I get after the BIOS screen a black screen that says something like overclocking failed in a popup window and it shows its running F2... then it goes to a recovery page that says BIOS crash getting back data or something... it goes to a few k of the retrieving then crashes. It rebooted twice and now its in Windows at stock speed and checking with CPU-Z its on F2 bios. :(

Edited by Linuxfan2000

warning: main bios checksum error retrieving recovery source from HPA... HPA bios not available...

I get that screen after it reverts to the F2 bios and apparently it copies the backup F2 bios to the 1st once and erases my F6a and profiles. :(

Thanks Dinos, I'm sure its my chip limiting me...

what im saying is as soon as you crash or lockup flick the PSU off and clear cmos it wont do it

yeah retail bios chips will range between 4.9 to whatever the max is, seen a few guys stuck at 5Ghz, for normal machines amazing but not great if you want to bench :(

Could I somehow update the 2nd bios?