HWBOT Community Forums

P67/Z68 BIOS collection

Massman

- P67A-GD65 (1.8b5): http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.185

Do u also have more info,what the difference are with previous driver.

As far as I've heard, it has improved the memory compatibility.

I quickly tested V1.7B4 and that bios had really laggy EFI bios. With the 1.8b5 I don't have that.

Try it and report your findings :)

Im stuck at ~ 52x, very rarely boots at 53x, no matter the cooling or voltage (up to 1.7V at -90°C). Is this a mobo issue (UD3 F6b)?

Nah, that's Intel's great Sandy Bridge technology :)

Maximus IV Extreme 0681 BIOS

http://www.mediafire.com/?59s1i176jl6ou8z

Thanks, added!

Damn, I'll try another CPU this week and see what happens. Hate/love relationship with Sandy is starting to lean toward hate more and more :/

I think i have to agree with this. With so many failed attempts at trying to get a good 2600k, I think i'm about ready to say good bye to Sandy.

I've tried the P8P67, TP67XE, and now I'm on the GD-65. I've tried two 2500k and one 2600k. Both chips on the Biostar have been terrible. Surprisingly, the 2600k that wouldn't run on the biostar passed 5ghz, can do 5.3ghz on the GD-65.

I was also using the read points on the GD-65. Setting the vcore to 1.5v in bios, shows 1.488v in windows, and 1.588v on my DMM.

I think i have to agree with this. With so many failed attempts at trying to get a good 2600k, I think i'm about ready to say good bye to Sandy.

I've tried the P8P67, TP67XE, and now I'm on the GD-65. I've tried two 2500k and one 2600k. Both chips on the Biostar have been terrible. Surprisingly, the 2600k that wouldn't run on the biostar passed 5ghz, can do 5.3ghz on the GD-65.

I was also using the read points on the GD-65. Setting the vcore to 1.5v in bios, shows 1.488v in windows, and 1.588v on my DMM.

What is your bios? , also I have a problem with GD65 but exactly VDROOP option does not properly:) is set to 1.365V in the BIOS is read from the DMM (idle: 1.35V / load: 1.38V)

vCore is overestimated CPU load: (I do not know how to prevent it, vdroop control does not work, whether low or high, all the time is the same.

all the time I am using a beta BIOS v1.8b6, performance oc the same as in v1.7b4

Think the latest MSI bios has killed both my boards. Not sure yet. Gd55 had issues with men timings on 174 bios. Couldn't change them. Updated to 185 bios. I can't change the speed. Then all weekend I've had issues trying to get the damn thing to boot. Tried everything. Thought I just over cooked the board so I JUST bought the gd65, applied 185 bios and I have the same issues again! Really peeeeed off man. Tried everything. I bought this today in hope I can run some 3d at 2000 cl6 instead of 1333 mem and get better scores. What a waste. Spent 4hrs trying to post both boards! When it finally does, I'll change one setting, it'll shut down to post after, but nothing. Another 30mins wasted trying to post again...

Tried 4 sets of memory, 3 different CPUs.. No idea! Even clearing CMOS doesn't do anything to post it.

I had 2 chips locked at 52.. its a chip issue... Tried on UD7 and GD65..

I had another chip hit 5.7 on GD65.. but I have memory issues.. using the 1.7 bios... I will try 1.8 likely today or tomorrow.. hopefully beable to get the blck up ... maybe 6ghz action... this chip might have it.. have another of the exact same batch.. so we will see....

GB needs to fix there bios tripping... it is really annoying.... Went over to the msi board for now.. EFI is actually pretty nice to work with...

Edited by steponz

Think the latest MSI bios has killed both my boards. Not sure yet. Gd55 had issues with men timings on 174 bios. Couldn't change them. Updated to 185 bios. I can't change the speed. Then all weekend I've had issues trying to get the damn thing to boot. Tried everything. Thought I just over cooked the board so I JUST bought the gd65, applied 185 bios and I have the same issues again! Really peeeeed off man. Tried everything. I bought this today in hope I can run some 3d at 2000 cl6 instead of 1333 mem and get better scores. What a waste. Spent 4hrs trying to post both boards! When it finally does, I'll change one setting, it'll shut down to post after, but nothing. Another 30mins wasted trying to post again...

Tried 4 sets of memory, 3 different CPUs.. No idea! Even clearing CMOS doesn't do anything to post it.

I had issues with my STT hypers on all the P67 motherboards. After flashing them, they work now. Other than that, I quickly tried 2133 with the 185 bios and couldn't boot. Trying 1866 worked, but i didn't try much.

I had issues with my STT hypers on all the P67 motherboards. After flashing them, they work now. Other than that, I quickly tried 2133 with the 185 bios and couldn't boot. Trying 1866 worked, but i didn't try much.

This is quite interesting - can you expand on what you needed to do with the flash. I last flashed ram in 2007 :D.

Hm, if I remember correctly I was able to run 2133, but not CL=6. Anyways, here's the new bios for both GD55 and GD65:

http://91.121.148.119/downloads/BIOS/E7681IMS.186

new bios already tested by me two days, the problems are still with vdroop control, it would be good if the msi to correct this error, the motherboard is great but has the disadvantage of over-voltage bios

why not set the voltage lower?

Becouse it isn't normal when you set Vcore 1.6v, but multimetr or cpu-z show 1.63V(I've had the same issue with MSI P67A-GD55

1Day- flashing memory is pretty simple. I dont know it supported by P67, but SPDTool or Thaiphoon Burner worked great with "old" chipset like x58/p55/x48 etc. With AMD they also worked great.