HWBOT Community Forums

Sign-up here for Northeast (USA) LN2 get-together!

Will you be able to make it to the party?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to make it to the party?

• July 23, 24- Will attend
    • July 23, 24- Maybe attend
    • September 24, 25- Will attend
    • September 24, 25- Maybe attend
    • Either weekend works, prefer July, will attend
    • Either weekend works, prefer July, maybe attend
    • Either weekend works, prefer Sept, will attend
    • Either weekend works, prefer Sept, maybe attend
    • Won't be able to make it

Hi Folks!

Thinking it's about time for a nice Northeast LN2 get-together/party and you're all invited!!

* Due to an issue with the original poll, we had to create this new thread. For now we're trying to get an estimate of the number of attendees. Formal sign-ups will begin when we have more info. Please cast your votes as soon as possible as we need to leave time to make all the needed arrangements. We're hoping to close the poll at the end of April. Apologies to those of you that already voted. *

The event should be lots of fun! Meet old and new friends, put faces to the nicks, learn from those with more experience (have people to share the misery if you blow something up), bench like crazy and, am sure, down at least a couple beers together. Everyone from monster benchers to noobs, vendors and just regular folks curious about this hobby of ours' are welcomed.

Most specifics are still TBD but wanted to float the thought with plenty of advance notice. Once we have an idea of how many people might be interested in attending, we'll start researching, identify venues/hotels (with plenty of power for our needs), arrange for enough LN2 to go around and determine actual costs.

We're also seeking vendors to come and demo their latest and greatest products as well as any potential sponsors. If any of you have contacts and be willing to try to get them on-board, that'd be awesome.

When: July 23, 24 (preferred) or September 24, 25 (backup).

Where: Harrisburg, PA area

If you're interested, please take the poll and/or reply in this thread. Will keep you updated on any details or related info as things progress.

The more the merrier ihmo so hopefully we can get a good crowd together. If you have any questions or thoughts, please don't hesitate to post here or reach out to me directly at scbesterman@NOSPAMhotmail.com.

Since this event is open to all including people who've never gone cold, we're looking for folks who'd be willing to provide extra pots for lending to any new people who may not already have them. If you've got something you'd feel ok lending, please let me know.

Look forward to seeing you all there and stay tuned for updates!!!!

Very kind regards,

-Stefan

Edited by Christian Ney

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

Anything any of you could do to drive traffic, get more people involved, help with vendors and sponsors, help figure out how to do this right, etc, etc, etc would be HUGELY appreciated! Since Harrisburg is in Witchyland, going to try to ask for his help on identifying a venue and making arrangements for ln2. I've never done anything like this before so am learning as we go...if anyone with experience would be willing to provide guidance, help, support, etc that'd also be excellent.

This is a party by all of us, for all of us so let's try to do this thing right! :)

Speaking of which...I messed up the poll :/ Sent a pm to Massman asking how/if it can be fixed. Think the following options would be better than the ones I put in:

July 23, 24- Will definitely attend

July 23, 24- Maybe attend

September 24, 25- Will definitely attend

September 24, 25- Maybe attend

Either weekend works, July preferred- Will definitely attend

Either weekend works, July preferred- Maybe attend

Either weekend works, Sept preferred- Will definitely attend

Either weekend works, Sept preferred- Maybe attend

Won't be able to make it

Hopefully the poll can be fixed without resetting the whole thing or thread. Apologies for the screw-up (also apologies to Massman as the choices are different than what I pm'd him this morning). :/

Hiya aerotracks!

As long as it's not a pita for you, never hurts to ask imho. The power situation is the best, initial question to ask (other than, "Would you be willing to have a bunch of oddballs at your place"? hehe).

That said, of course, I have no clue what or where the West Shore is...assuming Harrisburg area.

Tia for your offer of assistance!!!

Sweet! Getting a little interest! Would be great if we could start getting a count together (even if it's only 6-10 ppl) so we can start looking in to places and making needed arrangements. I know the dates are still pretty far out there but hoping we can get a bunch more people.

Let's see if we can get the poll fixed sometime this week. We're going to have to set some sort of deadline so we can start researching and getting things booked.

Totally psyched for whatever and whoever we manage to get together!!!

Sweet! Getting a little interest! Would be great if we could start getting a count together (even if it's only 6-10 ppl) so we can start looking in to places and making needed arrangements. I know the dates are still pretty far out there but hoping we can get a bunch more people.

Let's see if we can get the poll fixed sometime this week. We're going to have to set some sort of deadline so we can start researching and getting things booked.

Totally psyched for whatever and whoever we manage to get together!!!

saw this late but I'm definitely in, sounds exciting. Finally close to me. Shouldnt be much drive from ny. I also know someone here from ny who could be interested, I will let him know about thread.

Sept 24th would be cool, it's my birthday, will plan some time off from work.

Awesome! Look forward to seeing all you guys there! Hoping to get the revised poll up soon, we should aim to figure out the date by the mid/end April so we can start making the needed arrangements. Couple of folks are already checking out potential venues :)

The poll has now been reset. Please check your calendars (and with your SO's hehe) and cast your votes! :)

We'll see how it goes but we really need to get this figured out fairly soon so, we'll need to start thinking about setting a deadline (maybe 4/15-ish?). We'll play it by ear for a couple weeks and see where we are at that point.

Also...it'd be great to have extra pots to lend beginners. If anyone has extras they could bring, that'd be excellent. Please let me know in the thread and I'll put updates in the OP.

Getting a little excited! Pretty sure we'll have an excellent time. ;)

Tia for votes, ideas, etc!!!

-Stefan

Bad news Mr. SC. I can't vote again :(

Guess you picked the wrong choice ;) PM sent to Christian. It seems to not be letting people who voted before the reset (aerotracks, hotrod717, rtsurfer, steponz, TURNnBURN, Earthdog, Mandrake4565, Mr.Scott, xxbassplayerxx) actually vote in the new and improved version of the poll.

Stay tuned...hopefully we'll be all set today.