HWBOT Community Forums

Math turns benchmark: y-cruncher meets HWBOT

Mysticial

Just a heads up to any staff members who might want to know...

I'm planning a March 14th (Pi Day) release of version v0.7.2 of the program next year. And it will not be speed consistent with the current v0.7.1 release. Let me know if this will cause any problems with any ongoing competitions that will cover that date. I can't say what the speed difference is since that isn't set yet, but it will be more than enough to trip up an ongoing competition.

The date isn't set in stone and will depend on the stability of the program in the preceding month. But it is the date that I tend to aim for since it's Pi Day.

• 3 months later...

I did actually make it in time. Version 0.7.2 has been released. Happy Pi Day everyone!

This new version is faster than the previous version on pretty much all processors that I've tested on.

For internal reasons, you are now required to use the latest submitter version (v0.9.6).

Here are some submissions from the Ryzen build that I used to tune for Zen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If anyone's wondering about AVX512. It's coming... No ETA yet since I've hit a number of unexpected snags.

2017-7-1.jpg

If you're wondering why the chip is underclocked. There's a reason for that. And it's a long story.

Don't worry, it's much harder to fry your chip with AVX512 than I'm making it sound - unless you disable thermal protection...

And version 0.7.3 is out.

And here are the first few submissions on a Core i9 7900X @ 4.0 GHz (all-core AVX512) and memory @ 3200 MHz:

The AVX512 didn't bring as much of a speedup as I'd hoped. But it's still enough to beat all the Haswell and Broadwell HEDTs and come within arm's length of the dual-socket servers.

• 6 months later...

This is getting fixed on both sides. richba5tard says a server-side push tomorrow will change the default from XML back to JSON.

At the same time, I've updated the HWBOT Submitter to explicitly request JSON.

Here the first submission of the new y-cruncher version that I released yesterday (and re-released just now with the fixed HWBOT Submitter):

http://hwbot.org/submission/3766703_

Edited by Mysticial

• 9 months later...
  • Crew

@P5ych0I found a workaround, here:  

1) try to run manual once ( choose 0 -1- 1 ),

2) once it completed open the hwbot submitter , your previous result should be in there

3) Either press Run Benchmark or go  to Options -  Run a Benchmark - choose the 1B one

4) Select the run you want to submit - Submit to HWBot

Edited by Leeghoofd

On 11/1/2019 at 9:19 PM, Leeghoofd said:

@P5ych0I found a workaround, here:  

1) try to run manual once ( choose 0 -1- 1 ),

2) once it completed open the hwbot submitter , your previous result should be in there

3) Either press Run Benchmark or go  to Options -  Run a Benchmark - choose the 1B one

4) Select the run you want to submit - Submit to HWBot

Thanks Albrecht, i couldt fix it. WinRAR was the problem.

• 1 year later...

Problem with submit 25M  ( but with 1B OK). Everything is correctly determined, but error with information:

"Sorry, there are a few errors in the form. Please fix them and submit again.

You are not using a compatible version of y-cruncher - Pi-25m: 1.0.2. You can download the latest version here: http://bit.ly/2l5VC1V"

Try edit result and:

"No client version given, required version: 1.0.1

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, Leeghoofd said:

EDIT: Small update on the HWBot API and it works, thx Mat

Thanks. It is working.

But: the general problem is that the chipset detection is wrong. When submit 25M, the screenshot was taken incorrectly. Added the correct one manually.