HWBOT Community Forums

Dancop is one of the most complete overclockers ever (?)

Massman

just some personal thoughts

After his performance in the MOA 2016 Europe in France last week, where he won the qualifier with a kit provided only 10 minutes before the start and got to the final with the worst CPU draw, I have the feeling Dancop might be one of the most complete benchers in overclocking history. I can't recall anyone who was so dominant in the Overclockers League and also performed exceptional in the live competitions. Dancop also won the AOOC alongside BenchBros, which is a different format than the World Series.

Maybe his only weakness is the technical skill-set which set people like Hipro5, Elmor, Shamino and der8auer in a category above Dancop.

Other notable overclockers like Kingpin, AndreYang, Hipro5, etc never really shined in competitive overclocking environments. Xtreme Addict is on the same level, but not quite as dominant in the Overclockers League (although is competition record is stronger at the moment).

What do you guys think? My memory might not be serving me right at the moment. But seeing Dancop at work in the MOA 2016 Europe qualifier and quarter/semi-final last weekend left a strong impression on me.

• Crew

Besides being a excellent bencher in both 2D and 3D, he might also be one of the most misinterpreted persons on the internet. Never judge a book by its cover. Daniel has been labeled as arrogant and being a pr*ck. Nevertheless this guy shares tweaks and has provided help to other OCers who were struggling with their setup. He must have Belgian roots for sure :P

Daniel spends so much time with the hardware to get it right, we also must give credit to his misses as she has to cope with her husband being in the benchroom.

He has the winner attitude and will fight till the game is over... unless his SSD is not bootable :P

Besides being a excellent bencher in both 2D and 3D, he might also be one of the most misinterpreted persons on the internet. Never judge a book by its cover. Daniel has been labeled as arrogant and being a pr*ck. Nevertheless this guy shares tweaks and has provided help to other OCers who were struggling with their setup. He must have Belgian roots for sure[emoji14]

Daniel spends so much time with the hardware to get it right, we also must give credit to his misses as she has to cope with her husband being in the benchroom.

He has the winner attitude and will fight till the game is over... unless his SSD is not bootable :P

Belgian roots...you never know!

My wife...I dunno why she's still with me, but she is! ;)

SSD...that part did its job, tested it afterwards on another board. Must have been something else. What about a mistake I did? I'm still figuring that out and tried to reproduce at home.

Now what pieter and roman said.

Just one example...I tried to train for the 30 minute part at home. I was watching the live stream fro SA. Pieter said 3..2..1..go and I also started with the same hardware at home. Just to see what it takes to only have 30 minutes for an unknown benchmark.

Dedication, motivation and preparation are the most important things for live overclocking. If u do stuff at home, just try to be patient!

In general...I have to thank all of u guys! For this thread, the help in the past (I have to include andi, vivi and splave here!!!), hwbot for hosting interesting stuff. And all the support from several industry guys.

Without you, I'd not be where I am now.

To be honest I already knew this after I have spoken with him a couple of years ago at Cool Freeocen Celebration Session in 2014 and seeing him benching.

He is really good and focus plus has the knowledge about almost every aspect and like Alby said he is willing to share.

So I totally agreeing with what your saying PJ and thumbs up for posting it í ½í±í ½í±í ½í±í ½í±

Agree with Pieter. I think a lot of people just know Daniel as 'the guy with the best CPU'. Well those CPU won't be running at its maximum speed by itself right? :P

Even as someone who overclocks daily and doing oc competition as part of my job, I sometimes struggled to put out good scores out of certain hardware configuration. It really took dedication to be pushing the hardware to its limit every single time, both in online competition and live competition - and in that regard Daniel excels in both :)

I got the honor of sitting beside him on the Galax GOC, so I knew that his skill in preparation, setup and handling system is better than most competitive overclocker I've met, should be on the same class as top live bencher like XA and Vivi.

Keep pushing it, @Dancop!

Edited by Lucky_n00b

Besides being a excellent bencher in both 2D and 3D, he might also be one of the most misinterpreted persons on the internet. Never judge a book by its cover. Daniel has been labeled as arrogant and being a pr*ck. Nevertheless this guy shares tweaks and has provided help to other OCers who were struggling with their setup. He must have Belgian roots for sure :P

First of all, I would like to congrats Daniel for what he become. Excelent overclocker with impressive dedication. I don't know why, but what Albrecht wrote were also my firts feelings when I saw you on the internet. I'am sorry for that, I'am not one of those judgy persons, but hey, I guess It was just some initial inner envy. For all those qualities you had you are also nice and handsome guy (no, I'am not gay :D).

Nowdays, If someone ask me whos my OC rolemodel, I would name you, Daniel :) I'am about to start with LN2 and enter extreme league and I hope, you will help me with some stuff from time to time. Also your fullpot guide is very helpfull. Thanks :)

Lol@XA! :)

I'm not much for ranking "the best ever" in anything. It usually ends up with the current nr1 as the best ever...

However I do agree that the level of dedication and results from Dancop is amazing. I think few people understands the time and money that needs investing for something like this. Nothing is for free, even when you have good hardware support. Especially evolving new techniques and OS/software combinations, which then everyone can copy. For me it is very hard to motivate trying new things on LN2. I have foremost limited time when on LN2 and the choice between testing out a new thing that might work to take it to the next level, or going "safe" with the old method usually results in the first option. You don't want to risk a bad session which means time, LN2 and money is lost. The perfect example is the tim cracking on skylake. I ran so many sessions at -180 because I knew how to do this, but I rarely tried anything new to try and run full pot because if you got the crack the session was usually over.

the best way could be hybrid of Roman and Dan and 8pack (because dewars are very weighty) :) Its joke of course :)

Congratulation to the passion and results of Dancop and I was happy that I saw him last year at Computex (and at airport also). Family is very important if support him. And I hope, he will be OC man at least until 60 years (Look at Fredyama :) )

• 1 month later...