• CXO (Chief XTU Officer)
    • CDO (Chief Donation Officer)
    • Add more bugs to the database
    • Doesn't matter because XTU
    • Free beer & points for everyone
    • Not M. Beier
    • I'm voting against everything

Guest george.kokovinis
If you need cash for them, I'll pitch in.

Nah, THEY will pay, not us.

For having the honors to be with the best of the best:banana::nana:

Speaking seriously, anyone (myself included) with right connections in the hosting/datacenter industry could easily afford to run the site/forum/database out of his own pocket and keep it vendor/ad-free. However, I imagine that the site's current owners would ask a pretty penny (6-7 figures estimated) just "for the brand" making the takeover financially infeasible for any enthusiastic individual or community.

Speaking seriously, anyone (myself included) with right connections in the hosting/datacenter industry could easily afford to run the site/forum/database out of his own pocket and keep it vendor/ad-free. However, I imagine that the site's current owners would ask a pretty penny (6-7 figures estimated) just "for the brand" making the takeover financially infeasible for any enthusiastic individual or community.

We can organize some crowd funding and I am sure we can find that pretty penny for takeover ^^

Someone call Mike from XS or AndreYang :)

TBH, anyone with MSDN subscription to his name having 150$ monthly credit in Azure could do it :) no connections needed

We had some fun, time to move on and maybe close the topic? It was April Fool's prank so...

I will end up this with the quotation half serious, half joke "We [XOC ocers] are like those milky cows and our grass is getting thinner and thinner :banana:"

Edited by Xtreme Addict

We had some fun, time to move on and maybe close the topic? It was April Fool's prank so...

I will end up this with the quotation half serious, half joke "We [XOC ocers] are like those milky cows and our grass is getting thinner and thinner :banana:"

5Lh8W03qPLD0I.gif