HWBOT Community Forums

Intel extreme Tuning unable to submit score

KrazyFox

Receive pop up window "An error occurred while trying to upload profile." using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to send Compare Online. The same desktop PC if I am using Windows 7 Ultimate works fine but does not work with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have tried resetting browsers the Edge, Google Chrome, IE11 and Mozilla Firefox. Also Uninstalled / reinstalling the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility program. Windows 10 does not have any Service Packs as we know of and all Windows Updates been updated. The program runs fine but HWBOT is unable to upload the profile including in Manual. I am using version 6.0.2 therefore, not an Old Version. I have noticed the Score is about 20 points more when running Windows 10 Pro vs Windows 7 Ultimate. Maybe Windows 10 has a BUG. System: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3, i7-6700K, Adata XGP Z1 32GB @2800MHz memory, MSI GTX 970, Corsair RM850i 850 Watt PSU, "Enermax" - LEPA Lenyx LPC801A-B case, Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler.

Benchmark with i7-6700K @4.0GHz and memory in XMP mode @2800MHz has score of 1370 Marks; cpu temp. at 68c using Windows 10 Pro. With Windows 7 Ultimate : 1354 Marks, cpu temp. 70c. -- Any known method to resolve "An error occurred while trying to upload profile" ? using Windows 10.

• Administrators

Have you tried to save the file, then export the file and upload it then when you are logged in at hwbot? I never had this problem, and win10 scores better than 7 at skylake usually, so score should not be bugged normally :)

• 2 years later...

From Intel XTU built-in help:

Export Profiles

To export a profile, select it from the list of profiles and click Export. You will be prompted to select a location to save the profile as a .xtu file. The file will have the same name as the profile by default, but you are welcome to rename the file as you wish. Do not change the file extension (.xtu) or the file will no longer work with Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility. The Default profile cannot be exported.  

You may receive an error message indicating that a profile is not eligible for export. The following are reasons that a profile is not eligible for export:

1. The profile was saved on a system that has a processor older than a 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor.   

• You cannot export profiles on this system unless you update the processor.

2. The profile was saved with Overclocking Lock locked, Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep Technology disabled, or Core IccMax disabled.

• You may be able to adjust the values of these controls in Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, save the profile, and then retry exporting the profile. If you cannot adjust these controls in Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, you may be able to adjust them in the BIOS.

3. The profile was created by importing a file.

• To export the settings in this profile, apply this profile's settings to your system. Then save a profile with the same name or a different name and retry exporting the profile.

4. The profile was created in an older version of Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.

• To export the settings in this profile, apply this profile's settings to your system. Then save a profile with the same name or a different name and retry exporting the profile.

5. The Default profile was selected for export.

• To export the settings from the Default profile, apply the Default profile to your system. Then save a profile with a different name and use the new profile for exporting.