HWBOT Community Forums

Old School is Best School Season 2 - Bonus Round.

max1024

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a pc running 98 with a x1950 years back.

You can use the 1xxx cards and wile the stock drivers will not work with 8xxx cards, they're modded drivers that will work.

as for how i got the 1950 to work I can't recall, I wish I could it would be useful info. If I do recall it only worked with agp X1xxx cards. I think I did something with both kernelex and the Windows OS itself. But I could be way off. That was years ago

Even if you will be able to use x1xxx, i think that performance will be bad.

Power is nothing without control...

So I see that GF8 series nobody's run. About launch of Radeon X1950, does any proof link or screenshot exist in the web? And does somebody see that is possible to run in Win98 GF8 series or ATI X19xx and 1155 Socket or better? Today I have spend about 16 hours on attemtp to run Win98SE on my main system on SandyBridge 2600K and P67 Chipset, but on that moment a have a 100+ BSODs. But I will not stop, and continue to try this!

Edited by max1024

So I see that GF8 series nobody's run. About launch of Radeon X1950, does any proof link or screenshot exist in the web? And does somebody see that is possible to run in Win98 GF8 series or ATI X19xx and 1155 Socket or better? Today I have spend about 16 hours on attemtp to run Win98SE on my main system on SandyBridge 2600K and P67 Chipset, but on that moment a have a 100+ BSODs. But I will not stop, and continue to try this!

Ive seen rumors of people saying that GF8 maybe working but no proofs of it actually runing or even someone saying that they got it running.

Talking about x1950 Mr. Horse is the first person that Ive seen saying that he got it runing, others is the same as with GF8 that it should be possible with the right modded drivers.

When it comes to CPUs and motherboards, 775 is the newest Ive seen people run for sure, maybe some AM3 motherboard aswell but not sure?

lanbonden

maybe some AM3 motherboard aswell but not sure?

I'm run on Socket AM2+ with 2GB DDR2 no probs, but from 1155 Norhbridge go to the cpu core, and there is no native PCI bus, no AGP. On AMD platform is possible to run, but E8400 on 4.8-5Ghz will be faster AMD. I'm interesting from LGA1155, because Sandy easily goes to 5Ghz.

damn >_<

the only GF7 i have is a 7200GS, i have lots of X19X0, but no X850 XT -.-

the idea of Win98-competition is great, but i have the wrong hardware to compete :(

maybe a 6800GT agp or X700/800 :/

it´s a pity, i really like the idea of this competition. would be a great idea for team- or country cup ;)

i´ve seen the competition to late. theres just one night left for me to try until competition ends :( (i´m not at home for weekend)

including find win98 SE >_< (or try the non-SE? but all drivers and service packs i've found are for SE -.-)

and i have no idea how to install on sata yet... no chance in that short time :(

else i would try on 2500k with X800 GTO :/

maybe there will be a classic-win competition in june? :) this time NT4 oder 95? ^_^

Edited by Luebke

X1900XT allready would be fine to me xD

edit: i´m really out now. just got a invitation to a party tonight, now 0 nights left :(

my X800 GTO didn´t have any chance against 7900GTX and X850 XT anyway, but it would be a funny competition ^_^

have fun!

Edited by Luebke

hey, great results :)

nearly 70k pts on win98? ^^

it´s a pity i couldn´t compete, but next time i will :D

"Its also interesting to see that most folks used more then 256mb and some used over 1gb of ram. "

try to find a 256 mb ddr3-ram ;)