HWBOT Community Forums

Old School is Best School Season 2 - Bonus Round.

max1024

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very bad my Core 2 DUO T9800 CPU has not arrived in time. I have buyed the cpu two weeks ago, but because of an error during shipping, it wil only arriva tomorrow. Too Late...

I think I can score more than 60k with the T9800 on my modded Socket P platform.

I doubt Im the only one really wanting to know what happened with this one?

I'm going to the Moon :D

Little tizer from me ;) Do not ask me about my motherboard.

s_1464033382_6388086_323e7b2b9f.jpg

OK, on this screenshot is only 25K marks

s_1464717069_5064910_befeac12f2.jpg

I'll have tried to overclock cpu and vcard but, think PCI-E bus works as PCI, not sure about other devices think they are emulated and something limited total performance. But Win98 on 2600K works good, but not so fast as on LGA775.

OK, on this screenshot is only 25K marks

s_1464717069_5064910_befeac12f2.jpg

I'll have tried to overclock cpu and vcard but, think PCI-E bus works as PCI, not sure about other devices think they are emulated and something limited total performance. But Win98 on 2600K works good, but not so fast as on LGA775.

Maybe the total lack of chipset drivers that kills the performance, you sure got us going with that screenshoot atleast. Im sure that got more then a few of us to try 98 on a newer system than we though possible.

Of course chipset drivers is necessary and i can not imagine what win98 install instead them. But I can not run my GF6800U512Mb on NV40 which is natively AGP, any attempt to install different drivers ended a hang of all system. I do not have a NV45 card may be case in it. But it is possible to run Sandy, Ivy etc on Win98 it is true.

..., you sure got us going with that screenshoot atleast. Im sure that got more then a few of us to try 98 on a newer system than we though possible.

yep, because of that my plan was trying on 2500k, too ;)

i guess we really need a competition with super pi 1m @ win98 to see, wich cpu/chipset/ram will give most performance :)

it might be a very interesting competition with lots of trying and tweaking and maybe newest hardware will not be best... ^_^