HWBOT Community Forums

Old School is Best School Season 2 - Bonus Round.

max1024

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Yep.

Wiindows98 support by M$ was ended in 2006 and pcie was around for for awhile then.

Forget about this. In our small village has old school. There's still about a old grandfather teaches children "informatics". So he still writes drivers for Windows98SE!. It is necessary to come back to visit him for tea. :D

• Administrators

What do you mean with modded?^^ If you take a working 98 driver and add support for cards that were not supported originally, like it is done nowadays for 980TI and xp by inf modding, I personally see no problem - different thing is if you mess with the driver itself, this is not OK

What do you mean with modded?^^ If you take a working 98 driver and add support for cards that were not supported originally, like it is done nowadays for 980TI and xp by inf modding, I personally see no problem - different thing is if you mess with the driver itself, this is not OK

exactly, want to try a 8400GS and hope it works..

driver im trying ot use 82.69 from mdgx

also kernelex , is it allowed?

• Administrators

This is a question Pieter and Christain Ney should answer (on kermelex)- personally I am very fond of tweaks also on software, but this might lead to problems at rating results and scores practically unable for me to judge. Because of this it would be easier for me to stay at inf modding only^^ - we will see :)

I can only agree that giving support for cards shouldnt be seen as against the rules and more like a good thing as this round is all about maxing out win98.

If someone manages to get a 6700k and a 980ti runing in win98, all the creds to that guy :)

• 3 weeks later...
And no G80 either. :(

Think it is impossible, there is no any driver for something better then GF79xx.

I can't run PCI-E GF6800U 512mb on NV40, because it is native agp gpu, and NV45 I do not have.

Can we ask Mr. Jen-Hsun Huang write driver-pack for win98SE? GTX1080 will perfect choise for this :D

Edited by max1024

GF8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra are supported by the 82.69 driver... or, well, they are included in the inf file. :D I tried Ultra, driver installed fine, but after reboot windows won't start anymore. Some kind of stack overflow error. Perhaps 768MB of video memory is too much. Unfortunately I don't have GTS 320 at hand to try.

GF8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra are supported by the 82.69 driver... or, well, they are included in the inf file. :D I tried Ultra, driver installed fine, but after reboot windows won't start anymore. Some kind of stack overflow error. Perhaps 768MB of video memory is too much. Unfortunately I don't have GTS 320 at hand to try.

Had the same issue. I think 512MB of video memory is the max.