Massman

Game: Name the Motherboard

MSI K9A Platinum? :)

Nope

It's MSI MS-7280 VER. 1.0

:D

Just kidding , you are correct.

Not your baby sitter. :P

They listed the mobo wrong, the quad 6 uses daughterboards with 3 cpu sockets on each board.

Keep on guessing.

EDIT: Given how rare and old this board is I'll give you some hints.

Its a old sever board made by ALR, and uses the pent pro cpu. It's somewhat poplar on retro tech sites like vogons.

Edited by MR. Horse

EDIT: Given how rare and old this board is I'll give you some hints.

Its a old sever board made by ALR, and uses the pent pro cpu. It's somewhat poplar on retro tech sites like vogons.

That it was made by ALR and that it uses quad Pentium Pro (socket 8) were the only information I could find by myself up to now. :P I searched a few hours and I came up either with ALR Revolution Quad 6 or ALR Revolution 6x6. Both don't seem to be right.

At least I could find an image with higher resolution than yours:

Quad_PPro_1.jpg

I also had a look and had a similar problem, I could only find a different board that had a slightly different expansion slot layout.

I also had a look and had a similar problem, I could only find a different board that had a slightly different expansion slot layout.

Do you mean this one:

12219725-20.jpg

Found this too.

Beside the different expansion slot layout it has P/S2, COM and LPT near the sockets (which the correct motherboard don't). And because of the slot layout it is much larger.

You guys are all very close. The 6x6 is another board that uses daughter boards with 3 cpu's per daughter board.

Do you mean this one:

12219725-20.jpg

Found this too.

Beside the different expansion slot layout it has P/S2, COM and LPT near the sockets (which the correct motherboard don't). And because of the slot layout it is much larger.

That one has almost the same name if I recall.