HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Dmi-vccio are really related to each other, for example:

You are using vccio 1.20v because is enough for your ddr setting, but when you srart benching 3d you need to increase vdmi....... If when you increase your vdmi over 1.65v the system crash or dont remove the cb, thats because vdmi isn't enough and you cant set more volt easily, you need to increase vccio.

When u increase the vccio, vdmi can be setted higher and remove finally the cb!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Edited by barbonenet

Dmi-vccio are really related to each other, for example:

You are using vccio 1.20v because is enough for your ddr setting, but when you srart benching 3d you need to increase vdmi....... If when you increase your vdmi over 1.65v the system crash or dont remove the cb, thats because vdmi isn't enough and you cant set more volt easily, you need to increase vccio.

When u increase the vccio, vdmi can be setted higher and remove finally the cb!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the explanation, I found that 1.430vccio and 1.800v dmi worked for running Heaven w gtx 980 @ 1600 / 2150 and 7600k fullpot

• 2 months later...

Hello, I want to ask a little late (silly) question.

How to use the slowmode switch on MOCF?

I flipped the switch & nothing happened. (7700K, BIOS L7.21B, LN2 mode disabled).

Does it only work when LN2 switch enabled?

I'm afraid to enable the LN2 mode on air. It might instantly apply LN2 voltage settings, right?

Thanks for the answer.

I flipped the switch & nothing happened. (7700K, BIOS L7.21B, LN2 mode disabled).

I'm afraid to enable the LN2 mode on air. It might instantly apply LN2 voltage settings, right?

Thanks for the answer.

Will always work. If yours dont then is busted

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer.

slow mode you need the have thermal throttle enabled. slow mode works by telling the CPU its 100+C and to drop to x8

ln2 mode switch does nothing, just there to make you feel better :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, not much action here, however hoping someone can give me some insight

Recently bought an mocf, got a 7350K and some Galax GOC 2016 memory, all work great.

However when I use the onboard Samsung B die tight profile 4K the board takes an age to post and boot into windows! Doesn't matter if its Win 7 or Win 10 it takes a very long time!? Is that normal? Usually hangs a little on a few POST codes, like 62, 78 briefly and 99

If I'm running XMP on the 4K Galax mems I don't have this problem, its only when I use the memory preset.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Recently bought an mocf, got a 7350K and some Galax GOC 2016 memory, all work great.

However when I use the onboard Samsung B die tight profile 4K the board takes an age to post and boot into windows! Doesn't matter if its Win 7 or Win 10 it takes a very long time!? Is that normal? Usually hangs a little on a few POST codes, like 62, 78 briefly and 99

If I'm running XMP on the 4K Galax mems I don't have this problem, its only when I use the memory preset.

Did you set maxmem?

Did you set maxmem?

Yes, I used msconfig in Win 7 and elevated CMD in Win 10, running about 2GB

It gets to Windows, I can bench, but its just so slow! Don't know if its just training or...

I'm going to cold on it next month and would like the long post and boot issue solved

Thanks

Yes, I used msconfig in Win 7 and elevated CMD in Win 10, running about 2GB

It gets to Windows, I can bench, but its just so slow! Don't know if its just training or...

I'm going to cold on it next month and would like the long post and boot issue solved

Thanks

Long post is normal get used to it lol

Same on almost any board when you push 12 11 11 @ > 4000.

Long post is normal get used to it lol

Same on almost any board when you push 12 11 11 @ > 4000.

OK so it is a normal thing then. Weren't sure if I'd just not got something right and needed to change something.

Only done 12-12 so far, not had much luck with 12-11 yet, probably need more vdimm.

Not sure how I set RTLs IOLs either, everytime I try manually entering them I get 55 post code, which clearly means I'm getting it wrong lol

This is normal. When my imc is on the border of what it can do it also does this.

All chips Inhad exept the one with the golden imc had this issue.

Cheers guys

I delid my chip today (7350K) and only got a 4c temp drop lol Even put a bigger better cooler on it too! Phanteks dual tower 140mm instead of the 212

Well disappointed with that :( Grizzly everywhere too

Grizzly, as in Kryonaut on air cooling ? If so than 4c drop is understandable, kryo not an ambient paste even aero/hydro be better for you but if I'm planning on staying ambient for a few days or more CLU or Conductonaut on die is ONLY way to go. I use ICD on top and this combo always 15C min cooler than kryo everywhere on air/h20 and as much as 25-30C cooler under right conditions (winter air/SS)

As for mems training on 78/99 this is common, sometimes takes 2+ minutes looking like it's frozen before post. A few things to try that might help/will help OC are,

• below RTL settings, set your ODT values to 120

• set your slopes under advanced to 15-1-15-1-15-1-15-1

• mem training disabled usually best

• Try raising pch pll to 1.225v +

• Raise VCCIO to 1.4v ish

• 4 months later...

Flipping the board on and off didn't bring any joy ? 

I think there is a sort flashback option on the board. Maybe try to reflash the bios.

And if you need a new bios chip. There is a guy in Germany who sells bios chips. Bought a R5E bios chip from some time ago. But it would probably be easier to find one in Australia ;-)

22 hours ago, 5erveD said:

Flipping the board on and off didn't bring any joy ? 

I think there is a sort flashback option on the board. Maybe try to reflash the bios.

And if you need a new bios chip. There is a guy in Germany who sells bios chips. Bought a R5E bios chip from some time ago. But it would probably be easier to find one in Australia ;-)

I turned off the board, removed the power cables, cleared CMOS briefly - then overnight. All of this didn't help, I still get 00 on both BIOSes. I will look into the flashback option, thx.

12 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

I turned off the board, removed the power cables, cleared CMOS briefly - then overnight. All of this didn't help, I still get 00 on both BIOSes. I will look into the flashback option, thx.

The same thing happened to my OCFM.  I'm not aware of any flashback option.