HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

5 hours ago, 5erveD said:

So you reprograme the bios chip with the pro tl866 ?

Since Asrock bios chips typically are not soldered that tool  (tl866)or similar is the best choice. If you want a super cheap option for soldered or not myself and several others use these guys

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CH341A-Series-SPI-Flasher-USB-Programmer-24-25-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-USB-to-TTL/162329937400?epid=0&hash=item25cb9e45f8:g:Uj0AAOSwZQRYWk7l

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-SOIC8-SOP8-Flash-Chip-IC-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-BIOS-24-25-93-Programmer/202057033231?hash=item2f0b89a60f:g:WXYAAOSwaWhZvSh8

Edited by GtiJason
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have dead MOCF, it can't turn on & no life sign at all. It dead after ~6X LN2 session with KBL to do some SuperPi & memory clock benching.

Is there any workaround to resurrect the board? Since I want to try the CFL on MOCF mod. ?

I've clean all the dielectric grease on the board and also do what RULE method he share on his Facebook (short the PS_ON pin) to revive the board, but isn't worked to my case.

Or is it mean I must search for another 2nd hand MOCF?! ? Since is so hard to find the new one. ?

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, IvanCupa said:

Hello, I have dead MOCF, it can't turn on & no life sign at all. It dead after ~6X LN2 session with KBL to do some SuperPi & memory clock benching.

Is there any workaround to resurrect the board? Since I want to try the CFL on MOCF mod. ?

I've clean all the dielectric grease on the board and also do what RULE method he share on his Facebook (short the PS_ON pin) to revive the board, but isn't worked to my case.

Or is it mean I must search for another 2nd hand MOCF?! ? Since is so hard to find the new one. ?

Thanks.

Can you point me to the proper link on Facebook? 

I have a dead MOCF as well...

Edited by Sparks.nl
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

What is the best non-k OC bios?

I have been recommended L0.05B by Allen, but I have seen up to L0.05E, and never seen a public download link.

The latest bios I have seen do non-k OC is L1.31. I dont know about 1.33K or 1.4+ standard bios.

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, ProKoN said:

is it just the little notches (771 mod) or is the pcb dimensions different....no clue on this one

You know you could do a little research before asking something like this, which would take...oh...less than 5 minutes of your time :/

Answer: Pin count changed, increased

PCB spacing, identical (1151 coolers will work)

Power pinouts: changed, added, re-arranged.

In other words, utterly, 100% completely no.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Looking for help with SA/IO voltages on MOCF. 

These voltages no longer update/change either in BIOS or OS Formula Drive. All others can be changed and stick, including CPU, PLL and mem. Verified with DMM.

Tried flashing BIOS: 7.40, 7.40D, 7.41. Tried flashing MEI separately. Replicated with two different Kaby chips, both showing normal SA/IO voltage adjustments in my backup (non-M)OCF.

Ideas?

• 1 month later...