HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

hey guys if you have random double booting or haning on 19 alot or full shut downs when you just change something like voltages and bclk try to reflash the MEI in the bios and should fix it. Gets corrupted sometimes it seems or maybe just me. lol

hey guys if you have random double booting or haning on 19 alot or full shut downs when you just change something like voltages and bclk try to reflash the MEI in the bios and should fix it. Gets corrupted sometimes it seems or maybe just me. lol

Defiantly not just you, it seems like this board is so good at making whatever timing changes work that probably shouldn't and I think eventually mei becomes corrupt because of this. Not sure I said this quite right but hope you get the point

I want a new board for benching. Should i take impact or mocf?

What do you think which one is better. I like the name ColdBugKillervolt. :D

I would just say that if you are going to be benching cold a lot this board is nice because you have some extra room, and it's also really nice for xp with ps/2 ports, ide mode and extra pcie slots for a usb card, so imo more xp friendly. Also a bit cheaper.

hey does anyone have a standalone oc tweaker like for the ocf?

Thanks guys, it was a simple fix after all.

Had the formula drive V3.0.53 on OS (from using regular OCF) and installed 3.0.78 thinking it would overwrite but gave "not compatible with this operating system" error.

After uninstalling the software manually and reinstalling V3.0.78 is works perfectly.

Maybe this can be useful for someone down the road.

Cheers,

Marc

Hey guys, has anyone tested an i3 on air that was terrible but ended up being ok on ln2. The new chip I got barely did 4.3 hwbot prime on air maxed out. Is it worth trying on ln2? My good i3 does 4.8 hwbot prime air and 6.1 ln2. Was just hoping someone had a dog on air that ended up being good

Now that we have non-k oc I can finally maybe oc the chips at work. We always have locked i3's and i5's but my boss just got a locked skylake i5. About to switch my bad i3. I'm definitely not an IT guy yet but I take care of all the pc's at work.

Edited by Strong Island