HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Thank you for sharing Franco.

I'm trying to get 50/51/7/7 but I cannot pass the train, I tried 2.15V asi you mentioned, didn't helped.

14435160_1820212021547319_6979107323382445483_o.jpg

These are my waza stable settings, but cannot do anything else. I tried to play with 3rds, last 7 4 5 5, 7 4 4 4 or 1st ones in differents ways, no go.

Do not increase voltage for lowering RTL.Stay with same voltage and try to cool cpu to -50 -100 ,increase VCCIO also might help. But stay at same voltage u trained 51/51 RTL otherwise u can hit the voltage tolerance of your kit and not train because of that and not because of tighter RTL.

you have 51-7/58-13, you might consider iol 6 as you lower limit, so CHB 13-7=6 and 58-7=51

This :) Thank you. I was looking for some rational way to understand RTL/IOL setting, because I felt I just typing some numbers in columns. So this is the way settings can be calculated?

Do not increase voltage for lowering RTL.Stay with same voltage and try to cool cpu to -50 -100 ,increase VCCIO also might help. But stay at same voltage u trained 51/51 RTL otherwise u can hit the voltage tolerance of your kit and not train because of that and not because of tighter RTL.

Thanks. Good to know, I still don't understand well the relationship between voltages and settings. My working waza settings are with 1.99V (real) and 1.43v IO, 1.42SA 0.86VTT. But sometimes, I can't train, I have to lower SA/IO by +100mV in order to train and boot up and then I bump them for +100mV in OS in order to pass 32M.

This :) Thank you. I was looking for some rational way to understand RTL/IOL setting, because I felt I just typing some numbers in columns. So this is the way settings can be calculated?

Thanks. Good to know, I still don't understand well the relationship between voltages and settings. My working waza settings are with 1.99V (real) and 1.43v IO, 1.42SA 0.86VTT. But sometimes, I can't train, I have to lower SA/IO by +100mV in order to train and boot up and then I bump them for +100mV in OS in order to pass 32M.

If u increase RTL by one increase IOL also, so you have valid combinations of 49/50/6/6,50/50/7/6,50/51/7/7,51/51/8/7....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If u increase RTL by one increase IOL also, so you have valid combinations of 49/50/6/6,50/50/7/6,50/51/7/7,51/51/8/7....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

So you are talking only about CHA RTL and IOL, right? Also, when 51/51/8/7 is valid, where is my 51/51/7/6 working 32m lies in this equation? :) If I understand it correctly, the main goal is 49/50/6/6, If I cant reach it, I should +1 CHA as you mentioned until it works for me?

Having some trouble and hoping you folks know the answer (or have ideas).

Last few times I've taken a cpu cold in the board, the system starts to post but consistently keeps losing the hardrive. Post codes move through as normal but at post, it shows A0 then A2 and hangs.

My main settings are:

vcore=1.50

vccio= 1.40

boot pll= 1.638

eventual pll=1.651

vccsa=1.40

vcc pll= 1.50

CB killer= 2.392

DMI=1.794

Have tried with different drives and different cables, same issue. Reflashing MEI didn't help, either. Whenever I get into bios, it doesn't see any drives installed. :(

Thoughts? Ideas?

Tia!!

Edited by funsoul

For my CPU only need this settings, and my settings i think was very high voltage.

VCore 1.5v @ 5/5

Core PLL 1.8v

PLL Termination 1.5v

Standby Voltage 1.5v

PLL Bandwidth Level 6 (2.78v)

DMI 1.45v

VCCSA & VCCIO 1.35v

Boot @ -80 C

At OS put this setting and pour ln2 slowly to fullpot :

PLL Termination 1.65v

Core PLL 2.2v

VCore & Clock is what u need

Edited by speed.fastest

For my CPU only need this settings, and my settings i think was very high voltage.

VCore 1.5v @ 5/5

Core PLL 1.8v

PLL Termination 1.5v

Standby Voltage 1.5v

PLL Bandwidth Level 6 (2.78v) = CB Killer on ASRock

DMI 1.45v

VCCSA & VCCIO 1.35v

Boot @ -80 C

PLL Termination 1.65v

Core PLL 2.2v

pll bandwidth is vccpll on asrock not cb killer

cb killer is core pll on asus

VCore 1.5v @ 5/5

Core PLL 1.8v

PLL Termination 1.5v

Standby Voltage 1.5v

PLL Bandwidth Level 6 (2.78v)

DMI 1.45v

VCCSA & VCCIO 1.35v

Boot @ -80 C

PLL Termination 1.65v

Core PLL 2.2v

I think, judging the voltage on Allen guide, asrock vs asus should be:

1.65 CPU PLL Voltage -> PLL Termination on Asus

1.4 VCCPLL -> CPU Standby on Asus

2.22vColdBugKillerVolt -> Core PLL on Asus

pll bandwidth is vccpll on asrock not cb killer

cb killer is core pll on asus

Thanks Strong!

cpu standby = pll bandwidth = vccpll?

2.78v..can't be vccpll...can it?

Thanks Strong!

cpu standby = pll bandwidth = vccpll?

2.78v..can't be vccpll...can it?

cpu pll = standby & termination

vccpll = bandwidth

cold bug killer = core pll

so yes level 6 bandwidth is 2.8v which is what I use on Asus, actually I have moved down to 5. Nick said leave vccpll 1.4v unless you cant run full pot, then raise higher, I went up to about 1.8v vccpll on Asrock but higher should be safer if safe on asus, but i dont think it's necessary

PLL Bandwidth is different than CPU Standy, CPU Standby and PLL Termination is linked, default value for both 1v and difference between both can not more than 450mv, if not you get code "00". PLL Bandwidth level 0 = 1.4V, so level 6 is about 2.78-2.8v. Correct me if im wrong.

From what I understand this is what ASRock settings are in connection to your previous post

SPEED FASTEST

VCore 1.5v @ 5/5

Core PLL 1.8v = CB Killer on ASRock

PLL Termination 1.5v = CPU PLL

Standby Voltage 1.5v = CPU PLL

PLL Bandwidth Level 6 (2.78v) = VCCPLL

DMI 1.45v

VCCSA & VCCIO 1.35v

Boot @ -80 C

PLL Termination 1.65v

Core PLL 2.2v

Any tips for max memory clock? I can't get above 3370, I get that clock with any VCCSA and VCCIO in 1.2v and 1.35v range, any vDimm between 1.6 and 1.9v, and even timings from C16 to C31, tried different mem multipliers and also couldn't go higher.

Most 2nd timings and all 3rd timings are auto, maybe that's the problem?