HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Thank you again for the awesome guide Allen! (also thanks to everyone who's shared excellent, supplemental info!)

Been playing with a 6320 on this board. Haven't learned or tested nearly enough but wanted to check here on something. Been going after 742 XTU (prior owner of the cpu got it so I know it works). Talk about frustrating! Min/max/avg result over the last 20 runs is 738/741/739.7.

Is there any way to adjust bclk in smaller increments? The difference between 102.9375 and 102.9999 seems humongous atm.

Thank you again for the awesome guide Allen! (also thanks to everyone who's shared excellent, supplemental info!)

Been playing with a 6320 on this board. Haven't learned or tested nearly enough but wanted to check here on something. Been going after 742 XTU (prior owner of the cpu got it so I know it works). Talk about frustrating! Min/max/avg result over the last 20 runs is 738/741/739.7.

Is there any way to adjust bclk in smaller increments? The difference between 102.9375 and 102.9999 seems humongous atm.

well 102.9375 is limit for locked i3 without sky boost. so one step higher will lock pc

Binned some dual cores on r15 4.5ghz. Anywhere from 1.35v failing to one that does it 1.155vcore everything but vcore and bclk auto in bios. Too bad on ln2 it only did 6.27ghz. Guess because of the cache being the limiting factor better to try them all cold if you can.

• Like 1

well 102.9375 is limit for locked i3 without sky boost. so one step higher will lock pc

Thanks Strong

So...sky bios only works on ocf (not mocf)? With sky, 6320 on ocf...does it let you go in between 102.9375 and 102.9999? If I can squeeze a touch more bclk, it should do it.

Thanks Strong

So...sky bios only works on ocf (not mocf)? With sky, 6320 on ocf...does it let you go in between 102.9375 and 102.9999? If I can squeeze a touch more bclk, it should do it.

No sky bios works on mocf, it's built in but then xtu doesn't work. So non sky xtu, sky everything else and as much bclk as chip can handle

Great board and Congrats to ASRock and Nick Inc. I think this should be mention since it's not in OP ..long story short if you have any type of issues with benching cold on this board like I did ,please recover MEI ..my chip had a CB @ -88..yes you reading this correctly :),after flashing MEI full pot was not a problem and smooth sailing after this ,Thanks to Nick and Splavo for your help

Edited by coolhand411

Was having lots of BSOD, even at stock settings for Kernel issues / kmode exception something or other. I had re-applied thermal paste on my CPU the other day, (CLU under IHS) and that's when the BSOD's started. When I put the CPU back in the socket, I had issues trying to post, had to clear cmos and power off PSU a few times before it worked finally, I was thinking I may have corrupted MEI.

I have been benching lots at 4000+ 12-11-11 before the re-seat of CPU + CLU, so I'm wondering if over time maybe I just messed it up.

I just reflashed it and so far no issues, hopefully I figured out my problem!

Was having lots of BSOD, even at stock settings for Kernel issues / kmode exception something or other. I had re-applied thermal paste on my CPU the other day, (CLU under IHS) and that's when the BSOD's started. When I put the CPU back in the socket, I had issues trying to post, had to clear cmos and power off PSU a few times before it worked finally, I was thinking I may have corrupted MEI.

I have been benching lots at 4000+ 12-11-11 before the re-seat of CPU + CLU, so I'm wondering if over time maybe I just messed it up.

I just reflashed it and so far no issues, hopefully I figured out my problem!

Pretty much same problem here, though I did not reinstall or swap cpu's but I did swap to 3600c15's. Constantly getting unexpected kernal mode trap, I thought it had something to do with Boot.ini/BCEdit.exe because I had XP installed and Win 10 and was changing sata ports between Intel (achi Win10 ) and Asmedia (Ide Win XP) after boot screen where it asks if I want to boot 10 or older OS's. Seemed to be working just fine with cpu and mems at 4g, but as soon as I pushed bclk all hell broke loose, even with mems at 1000 auto timings

Pretty much same problem here, though I did not reinstall or swap cpu's but I did swap to 3600c15's. Constantly getting unexpected kernal mode trap, I thought it had something to do with Boot.ini/BCEdit.exe because I had XP installed and Win 10 and was changing sata ports between Intel (achi Win10 ) and Asmedia (Ide Win XP) after boot screen where it asks if I want to boot 10 or older OS's. Seemed to be working just fine with cpu and mems at 4g, but as soon as I pushed bclk all hell broke loose, even with mems at 1000 auto timings

First thing I did was a fresh windows install but that didn't fix, so I figured I'd try recovering MEI and updating bios. No issues so far, and before I was BSOD very very often. Hopefully I fixed, because otherwise I have no idea what's wrong lol

Guest Bullant
pi can be finished after doing copy waza. But the system is not ready for competitive test....

Memory's look nice man

Guest Bullant

Ran some Kingston AFR on air.. not sure if my memory's are damaged from before but still seem to work,this run was with ram disk uninstall is why bad last loop,also tested b die quickly with ram disk uninstalled and eff was affected right across the full run,not sure with afr tho being 4Gb dims have a feeling it may only loosing on last loop.Will do fresh install with ram disk see what happens with afr

Maybe AFR on cold and this new retail ocfm it could go close to matching b die on xtu efficiency,11-16-16 4133+ think could be ok

11.png

Ran some Kingston AFR on air.. not sure if my memory's are damaged from before but still seem to work,this run was with ram disk uninstall is why bad last loop,also tested b die quickly with ram disk uninstalled and eff was affected right across the full run,not sure with afr tho being 4Gb dims have a feeling it may only loosing on last loop.Will do fresh install with ram disk see what happens with afr

Maybe AFR on cold and this new retail ocfm it could go close to matching b die on xtu efficiency,11-16-16 4133+ think could be ok

that would be really cool, need to try my afr sticks again, there so much more fun to bench than b-die.

have you guys tested those new 8gb hyper x sticks Mike was talking about. They sounded really interesting

Guest Bullant
that would be really cool, need to try my afr sticks again, there so much more fun to bench than b-die.

have you guys tested those new 8gb hyper x sticks Mike was talking about. They sounded really interesting

Yeah AFR is good stuff for cold benching,I've tested hardly any memory mate,did 8gb kit look good?I was thinking of binning some memory later next month

Yeah AFR is good stuff for cold benching,I've tested hardly any memory mate,did 8gb kit look good?I was thinking of binning some memory later next month

gunny mentioned I think a new die or just new 8gb afr coming in may from hyper x, said it was supposed to compete with b-die when cold. I only saw a screenshot on air and a quick post about it, so I know nothing, just thought maybe someone tested.

Guest Bullant
gunny mentioned I think a new die or just new 8gb afr coming in may from hyper x, said it was supposed to compete with b-die when cold. I only saw a screenshot on air and a quick post about it, so I know nothing, just thought maybe someone tested.

Oh that's sounds great

Hynix M-Die.

Not sure they can compete with B-Die though, we will see.