HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Nice mems Bullant. :cool:

You raised the bar for 4G. :ws:

Had a strange issue, benching last night, wondering if anyone has a clue.

I was cooling down the CPU, when the system froze around -150C. I reboot & obviously hit CBB.

Heat up to -120C, instead of being stuck at 00, now i am cycling 00 19 4C. Weird. Heatup to -100C, still same. Remove a stick of RAM at a time, i find out slot 1 isn't working with any stick of RAM that i own, even at Auto. All cycling 00 19 4C.

At this point i call it quits. Let the system heatup & around -10C, i decided to try 1 more time again, just for the heck of it. And it works. :eek:

Decided to pull down again, dump one flask in, get to around -49C, try booting again, same 00 19 4C. And then i stopped for real.

Anyone have any idea as to why...?

I tried, reflashing MEI, Clearing CMOS, heating up the mem slots with hairdryer (there was no water to begain with), different RAM, pot wasn't touching the RAM or anything. Still, nothing worked. :mad:

it happen same thing in DICE 00 19 4C.

Did all testing and nothing same error,, when I recheck the insulation all good. I took and air can and starting taking out all the moisture inside the ram slots, pci-e slots, all little holes ...

Once the MB was dry after a day, and took all moisture with the air can, Then a took a heat gun to heat up the MB.

That worked for me.

Hope it works for you

Guest Bullant

Bit more testing tonight,ran couple different blck options on the afr have to start thinking out the box to move forward,will try later with b die also

B die water/air

17.093.png

Afr cpu SS/ mem 10c

5x11.png

afr cpu SS/ mem 10c

5g.png

it happen same thing in DICE 00 19 4C.

Did all testing and nothing same error,, when I recheck the insulation all good. I took and air can and starting taking out all the moisture inside the ram slots, pci-e slots, all little holes ...

Once the MB was dry after a day, and took all moisture with the air can, Then a took a heat gun to heat up the MB.

That worked for me.

Hope it works for you

Guys.

Bcz dice will make pcb around 0 to - 10 during benching.

Ur slot will get wet very fast if u dont use fast fan to take

Cold air away.

Make sure u have good insualtion for momery slot.

00 19 4c 19. It is memory failed by training or memory not detected which allen mentioned.

Edited by NickShih

Nice mems Bullant. :cool:

You raised the bar for 4G. :ws:

Had a strange issue, benching last night, wondering if anyone has a clue.

I was cooling down the CPU, when the system froze around -150C. I reboot & obviously hit CBB.

Heat up to -120C, instead of being stuck at 00, now i am cycling 00 19 4C. Weird. Heatup to -100C, still same. Remove a stick of RAM at a time, i find out slot 1 isn't working with any stick of RAM that i own, even at Auto. All cycling 00 19 4C.

At this point i call it quits. Let the system heatup & around -10C, i decided to try 1 more time again, just for the heck of it. And it works. :eek:

Decided to pull down again, dump one flask in, get to around -49C, try booting again, same 00 19 4C. And then i stopped for real.

Anyone have any idea as to why...?

I tried, reflashing MEI, Clearing CMOS, heating up the mem slots with hairdryer (there was no water to begain with), different RAM, pot wasn't touching the RAM or anything. Still, nothing worked. :mad:

Please check pin of cpu socket. Use cleanser to clean it

And memory slot too.

It looks like cpu socket wet or damaged. Or memory slot

Guest Bullant
CRC QD Contact Cleaner ftw, never leave home without it :)

TbpTlJ3.jpg

Every bencher should own at least two cans of the above.

Not sure if they sell this stuff in au,Ive been looking for blue paper towel you guys use can't find it here in au yet :(

Not sure if they sell this stuff in au,Ive been looking for blue paper towel you guys use can't find it here in au yet :(

No Scott's blue shop towels in Aus? Or CRC? I think I would just quit benching hahaha can't live with out both in my life.

Have you tried Repco in Australia Bullant?

Guest Bullant
No Scott's blue shop towels in Aus? Or CRC? I think I would just quit benching hahaha can't live with out both in my life.

Have you tried Repco in Australia Bullant?

The amount of ln2 I've used here in last 3 months insulation no need cause air man ahaha

Seriously think the crc might be here,I'll look tonight...had little look around for the blue towel maybe in Wrong places,think we have repco I'll try them

Thanks

Thanks to everyone trying to help. Greatly appreciate it.

Socket pins are not bent, except one that might be a few degrees off. But when removing CPU after one of my sessions, a few strands of grizzly ended up in the socket. I tried to clean that with a very sharp needle & then isopropyl alcohol, looked okay. But then I had all those issues in the next session. That's when I made the post.

After that Jason suggested me to get contact cleaner. I cleaned the socket & RAM slots with it. Had another session yesterday, less problems then before, but still had to leave RAM @ auto(2133) & random freezes above -140C, even though voltages set correctly. When taking out the CPU today, I did notice some a little deposit of whitish stuff on some pads, so that might be the reason.

Gonna try one more session with a new CPU next week. If that session doesn't show improvement, I'll RMA for socket damage. I don't mind even if they charge me a fee. But I spent a lot of time insulating this board & rather not remove it all & do it again. So hopefully i can fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just got 00 19 4C for the first time. Not cold, but was lightly prepping for SS, turn rig on for quick check and there it was. Problem was simple and noticed right away, Tiny piece of towel in closest to cpu ram socket. These numbers are what you see right away when starting rig, so must always have something to do with one of the sockets/something major if it can't make it past first 3 steps

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys, does anyone know if this is the new die from hynix we were talking about a couple pages ago? Would love to try them cold on this board, finally going to start using it tonight.

HyperX Predator 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3333 RAM (Desktop Memory) CL16 XMP Black DIMM (288-Pin) HX433C16PB3K2/16 - Newegg.com

Yes, these are using Hynix M-die 8Gbit memory chips.

Yes, these are using Hynix M-die 8Gbit memory chips.

thanks a lot, are there m-die 4gb chips also, are these them?

if there are 4gb chips, do you know if there is any difference performance wise 4vs8? Sorry for all the questions, want to try them out.

HyperX Predator 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 3200 RAM (Desktop Memory) CL16 XMP Black DIMM (288-Pin) HX432C16PB3K2/8 - Newegg.com

Edited by Strong Island