HWBOT Community Forums

ASRock Z170M OCF funhouse

Man I had so much trouble my first cold session with non-k oc. This board will be great for regular oc because I will just do everything in os. But with non-k oc I guess the memory kept changing speeds and I kept causing a cold reboot when leaving bios. So I would have to go all the way back down to around -100 to boot and then try and pull down again but I kept causing cold reboots. Once it happened like 3 times I had so much moisture I was afraid to keep going and risk killing gem chip. I have cbkv - 2.22v, vccpll 1.6v, cpu pll 1.65, dmi 1.5v. These are the settings I use on m8e except I use level 6 bandwidth so I saw Nick mention that's 2.8v but I was afraid to type in that much.

with the m8e I can bench full pot and reboot anytime even cold reboot at -175c with this chip. It has no reset bug like my others. I was so upset because I wanted to get the gpupi 2 core first place with this board and then go for geek but for me it was tough. I guess I need a lot more practice with the board. I hate even posting this because I love the board so much but it was a rough night.

sounds like you need to refresh mei in bios, it wont cold boot when just changing bclk unless something is wrong. :)

cool man thanks, will definitely keep going until I figure it out and will definitely have fun with k cpus. First time going cold on a new board can be tricky, but I want the mem powah. Will try to reflash mei and try again tonight.

These are the settings I use on m8e except I use level 6 bandwidth so I saw Nick mention that's 2.8v but I was afraid to type in that much.

with the m8e I can bench full pot and reboot anytime even cold reboot at -175c with this chip. It has no reset bug like my others. I was so upset because I wanted to get the gpupi 2 core first place with this board and then go for geek but for me it was tough. I guess I need a lot more practice with the board. I hate even posting this because I love the board so much but it was a rough night.

Thats your problem, pll bandwidth level 6 is 2.8v, it will affecting your idle temp. I even accidentally use it for daily for a month, on air the temp is like on idle 50, and full load 56. It affecting your idle temp, this is why you cant bench fullpot without bandwidth level 6 or 2.8v on your CPU.

Thats your problem, pll bandwidth level 6 is 2.8v, it will affecting your idle temp. I even accidentally use it for daily for a month, on air the temp is like on idle 50, and full load 56. It affecting your idle temp, this is why you cant bench fullpot without bandwidth level 6 or 2.8v on your CPU.

ya will try a little higher vcc pll.

The problem for me was like post code 55. So when I would change the bclk the mem would change slightly and I would get post code 55. Like sometimes when you are pushing mem you have to retry a couple times but when over around -120 and get 55 it causes a cold reboot and I get the cbb.

I need to test my ram more on air before going cold again.

Last night with m8e I tried booting 3900+ mem and it caused a cold reboot and I had to warm up to same as ocfm so it did the same exact thing, but it boots a little easier with slight mem speed changing. I must be doing something wrong, need more time with board.

Guest barbonenet

For resolve the cbb problem on mocf, use this voltage:

Pch 1.2

Pch pll 1.26

Cpu pll 1.651

Vcc pll 1.400

Vdmi 1,404

Cpu cb killer 1.804

Vccio 1.20-1.30

Vcsa 1.25-1.35

If u need to reboot, raise the temp between -165 and -150 and then push reboot! (if u do that, u can bench alot of hours without cracks)

55 under ln2, can be ram/pin ram frozen, move a bit them and retry.

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Edited by barbonenet

I've 4 Geil dragon and all perform the same, so is high bin for sure, high price too.

12-11-11 don't work i'm close to the limit for air cooling, maybe little cold help.

For Zadak i don't have yet the 4266kit. But i'm testing the 3200c16 and 2 out from 4 is 4kc12 not much stable yet.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

does anyone have 1 zadak 4133 stick, maybe they want to match up with mine and we can take turns with it or something, haha

Do we use slot closest to cpu for pushing max frequency on 1 stick. Do you guys install 2 sticks and disable a slot in the bios to push 1 stick, so the pot isnt just on 1 stick?

I use just 1 stick, in the slot close to cpu and pot have no problem. Just make sure to be near to the half of the pot, basicly the mem pot touch the cpu pot. Not much insulation in my case :)

I use just 1 stick, in the slot close to cpu and pot have no problem. Just make sure to be near to the half of the pot, basicly the mem pot touch the cpu pot. Not much insulation in my case :)

ya I need to change around my insulation, the round armaflex that came with f1 dark was so hard to get on and I havent changed it for 2.5 years, but that could have been problem with first session.

I think I only have 1 zadak stick so need to find a matching b-die. Cant wait to try case king 6700k on this board and take break from non k.