HWBOT Community Forums

Division 1 CPU and GPU questions

WhiteWulfe

There's no mention of X79/X99 processors (4820k, 4960X, 5960X, etc), is it only four core processors allowed this round, or are those added into the mix of "i7"?

Additionally, there's no mention of the 290/290X on the AMD side of things, will they still be allowed? What about the Fury Nano?

• Administrators

They should be part of the i7 mix, maybe better to add them explicitly, we will see. Fury nano is last gen, should be ok, on 290 I doubt this, we decided to only allow current gen because otherwise it might cause problems, we thought about different solution, but handling might have been too complicated

• Administrators

The problem is that we wanted to allow old gen highend cards like 780 and 290 as well, but we cannot handle this logistical at databank obviously^^ - this is indeed difficult, so I am not sure we can add the last gen cards even when 290 is technically the same ;)

• Administrators

It will be active when the competition starts :) - I hope so :D

On the i7, the 2011 models are included at the various gens, so ivy, sandy and haswell-E are allowed for Division I

On Vgas - we think about making vga model unlimited for division I apart from single gpu mandatory as our main goal was to stop highend at other division which perverted the system^^ - any objections to this? It would not only solve the rebranding issue but also simplify it for the top division

Edited by websmile

Unlimited single GPU models for Div. I would be a good thing.

What's with this "excluding the high end desktop or HEDT platform " stuff?

http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/3579/pro_oc_and_challenger_divisions_round_2_starts_on_oc_esports

"Division I is all about benching on Intel’s Core i7 CPUs (excluding the high-end desktop, or HEDT platforms. Any Intel Core i7 using any of the following architectures are allowed; Broadwell, Gulftown, Haswell, Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge and Skylake. Likewise competitors are allowed to use any single GPU graphics card from either Nvidia or AMD."

Edited by MetalRacer

• Administrators

We will discuss this asap, HEDT is extreme versions and highend desktop platform, this would rule out 2011 in theory... will look for 100% confirmation, originally we planned full out, and HEDT is i7 by definition. Clarification in progress

Edited by websmile

I would but i don't have such crappy low end GPU's. lol jk 780Ti not allowed so i cant really compete in the div 2.

And i cant get windows xp to work with x99 for 3dm01 only on z170 it works.

with x99 you have to change ahci to ide, maybe that's it. I'm sure you know but just figured I would mention it. Unless you slipstream ahci into xp iso. I cant think of any other reason it wouldnt work.

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">lilchronic said: </span>I would but i don't have such crappy low end GPU's. lol jk 780Ti not allowed so i cant really compete in the div 2. <br/>

<br/>

And i cant get windows xp to work with x99 for 3dm01 only on z170 it works.</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

with x99 you have to change ahci to ide, maybe that's it. I'm sure you know but just figured I would mention it. Unless you slipstream ahci into xp iso

No i got it working i just cant install graphics drivers. Xp will not detect pci

Edited by lilchronic

did you use the inf file for 980 ti & xp from the thread below.

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=152922

No i have not but i will try later tonight. I just did the modd of the driver so i just need to put it on my xp drive and try it.

Also when i put xp on my x99 rig i get a bunch of pop up messages saying i need to intstall base system and pci ? Not sure what that is about

No i have not but i will try later tonight. I just did the modd of the driver so i just need to put it on my xp drive and try it.

Also when i put xp on my x99 rig i get a bunch of pop up messages saying i need to intstall base system and pci ? Not sure what that is about

ya that happens all the time, you just have to go thru them and tell them to not pop up again.

But ya it sounds like you need to try a different inf

ya that happens all the time, you just have to go thru them and tell them to not pop up again.

But ya it sounds like you need to try a different inf

It doesn't happen on z170 but x99 it will, and when i tell it not to it pop's up again and again anyway.

It doesn't happen on z170 but x99 it will, and when i tell it not to it pop's up again and again anyway.

ya it happens to me a lot with skylake, especially when using a ghost image or image from other computer. I mostly used x99 for new 3d benches and multi threaded 2d so I dont think I installed xp on it much.

ya it happens to me a lot with skylake, especially when using a ghost image or image from other computer. I mostly used x99 for new 3d benches and multi threaded 2d so I dont think I installed xp on it much.

yeah i will try a fresh xp install on x99 and see what happens because i used the mod and still couldent get it to work.

i just want to run 3dm01 on xp with x99 as i dont have a i7 for z170 only a i5.

Edited by lilchronic

yeah i will try a fresh xp install on x99 and see what happens because i used the mod and still couldent get it to work.

i just want to run 3dm01 on xp with x99 as i dont have a i7 for z170 only a i5.

also the inf file in that thread is only for xp 64 bit. You would also have to use driver 364.72

the .inf I was talking about is the one leeghoofd posted in post#8 of that thread. Use that inf with xp64 and 364.72.

Edited by Strong Island

also the inf file in that thread is only for xp 64 bit. You would also have to use driver 364.72

the .inf I was talking about is the one leeghoofd posted in post#8 of that thread. Use that inf with xp64 and 364.72.

thanks man, I got it working with a fresh install of xp64. But my scores are not as good as what i was getting on the stripped xp32, 6600k and 780ti.