• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there Friday night.

# of attendees - just me

room - not needed, already reserved

HW - 2 bench tables w/ Z170 and FM2+, also 1 x 775 rig and maybe 2011v3 OR Z77

Extra HW - spare keyboard, mouse, 1280x1024 monitor, PSU (Antec HCG 750M) if others need them; I won't need any HW

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

• Crew
Live Stream deets?

No official planning as there are some unknown variable ( internet etc ).

The stream will be a very relax one ( open-mic ), more improvised on the show side as well, this will be like a friends stream all the way on which we will try some stuff out :D with some new peoples and new way of arranging things.

Most likely will be like this :

- Friday evening Stream test / setup + open chat

- Saturday All day - open mic + SPECIAL EXCLUSIV Live OC action testing :) (this is what we teased on in The OC Show S03E08 -

)

- Sunday : Packing up ( we got to leave not too late for Tim to catch his flight and Marc/me drive all the way back.

EDIT : best is to subscribe to https://www.twitch.tv/overclockingtv for the notifications

Just a few more days!!!

Feeling a tad stressed but super excited! Hoping I can get everything prepped and ready by Friday morning. Plan on getting to the hotel by around 2-3pm on Friday so would love to get together with any other early arrivers for hanging out, food, beverages, whatever.

Is everyone all set? Everyone who's planning to stay over have their room arrangements?

On the internet access thing...we will have wired connections for streaming, wireless for everything else.

If anything is still outstanding or you need anything that I might be able to help with, please let me know and I'll do whatever I can. Want to make sure that everyone has the best possible time.

Look forward to finally meeting all the faces that go with the nicks!

-Stefan

Hi again!

Corsair has hooked us up VERY large (in addition to covering venue and ln2, they shipped some goodies for prizes/giveways) so we should make them feel the love so to speak. The folks at OCTV/hwbot will running streams but we should also try to make our own happen. Does anyone have cams they could bring along?

Also, based on emails with the venue...we should try to bring extension cords and the like. I've got 4-6 that to bring.

A small router/switch would also be great if anyone has one laying around somewhere convenient.

Thoughts?

Please, please, please keep us posted with some pictures :)

There will definitely be lots of pics! Just need to figure out where to set a page and post them.

Edited by funsoul

Should have an initial look at venue tomorrow.. LN2 will be arriving Friday @ 11am. If anyone has transfer/cryo hoses, please bring them. I'll be borrowing one from work, but am sure more will be needed. Also dewars. Again, I'll be bringing one, but more will be needed. Really pumped for this.

Big thanks to Stefan for getting this rolling and keeping it rolling!!! You Rock!!

I'M COMING... BRINGING A BUNCH OF GIFTS.. Not only did I get CORSAIR to sponsor the LN2 and Venue........ Loads of goodies my friends...... BIG SHOUT OUT to CORSAIR... Its gonna be a great event.... Can't wait to see/meet all you guys :)

Truck is loaded.. Motorcycle is on the trailer....... see ya soon :)

If my math is correct, we've gotten $456.25 in donations as of today. Of that, I spent $30 on 5 usb keyboards and mice for the party so that leaves $426.25 to do with as we please. :)

We're all set on ln2 so....what should we do with the extra cash? Give out cash prizes for some kind of competion(s)? (If so, we need to figure out what the competition(s) would be). Buy food and beverages? Return everyone's money? Something else?

Just a couple days to go....let's figure out what to do with the moolah!

Should have an initial look at venue tomorrow.. LN2 will be arriving Friday @ 11am. If anyone has transfer/cryo hoses, please bring them. I'll be borrowing one from work, but am sure more will be needed. Also dewars. Again, I'll be bringing one, but more will be needed. Really pumped for this.

Big thanks to Stefan for getting this rolling and keeping it rolling!!! You Rock!!

Thanks for getting us hooked up with the juice dude!! I'll be bringing a transfer hose and dewar.

Let me know how it goes for you on-site today. Pretty sure they're already getting the room set up for us.

Agreed...we could definitely use more dewars! If anyone has extras they could bring along, that'd be stellar.

I'M COMING... BRINGING A BUNCH OF GIFTS.. Not only did I get CORSAIR to sponsor the LN2 and Venue........ Loads of goodies my friends...... BIG SHOUT OUT to CORSAIR... Its gonna be a great event.... Can't wait to see/meet all you guys :)

Truck is loaded.. Motorcycle is on the trailer....... see ya soon :)

Wooohooo!!!! Thanks Joe! You da' man!! Thanks for getting Corsair involved with this event!!!

Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone soon!!!

Edited by funsoul

Ill be bringing another transfer hose also.. no room to bring dewar though.. Do we know how many people are bringing dewars.. Might have to rig up a small contraption...

Maybe we should do a raffle for the cash.. lol....

I have alot of hardware to give away.... All you guys are gonna love it.. :)

Nice Hotel. 2 different Bars/Grills on premises. Great Diner( John's- ate there for lunch) within walking distance, along with a Bob Evans and McD's. Room is setup decent, however, there are only 7 dual outlet receptacles. They said we could run extension cords from other room. We are definitely going to need extension cords. They also had a few power strips (4?). Sorry for the poo-poo photos. Both Annie and Nicole (hotel sales people) will be there Friday for help if we have any other requests.

Edited by hotrod717

• Crew

Looking interesting !

Cant he table be more face to face ? and not face to the wall ? ( easier to discuss / more fun )

Note : Bring your power plug !

I am selling a AX860i brand new (still in package right now) - it will be used only at the event but I do not want to bring it back :) for 150 USD it is yours at the end of the event.

I'm sure we change the table arrangement. However, will require even more extention cords as the outlets are along the walls on three sides of the room. I would imagine that a trip to Home Depot on Friday would solve that problem. That may be an appropriate allocation of some of the donations Stefan.

Nice Hotel. 2 different Bars/Grills on premises. Great Diner( John's- ate there for lunch) within walking distance, along with a Bob Evans and McD's. Room is setup decent, however, there are only 7 dual outlet receptacles. They said we could run extension cords from other room. We are definitely going to need extension cords. They also had a few power strips (4?). Sorry for the poo-poo photos. Both Annie and Nicole (hotel sales people) will be there Friday for help if we have any other requests.

Thanks Rod!! Looks great!

I'll make sure to bring some extension cords (pretty sure I've got 5-6). Am sure we can re-arrange things a bit once we're there and in.

Gotta skin my rex today and finish packing. Want to be on the road by around noon tomorrow.

I have 4 monitors I can bring and a decent DSLR if need be.

Anyone have a room they'd like to share?

Does anyone need a ride from Philly to the event? I should have plenty of room in my car available for anyone that needs to ride there.

Hey Wiggles!

Bringing along an extra monitor or 2 could be great (I'm bringing at least 1 extra, too). Been pretty quiet here regarding people needing stuff so maybe we're all set (other than extension cords and a cam or 2).

Strong's run in to some issues (dead truck) but he's trying to make alternate arrangements (he's out on L.I.). If he comes, already told him he can crash in my room but if for some reason he can't make it, happy to split with you.

Hey everyone! On the puddle jumper in Chicago now. Arriving in Harrisburg later this morning. Gonna grub and hit the sack for a bit. Caught red-eye flights from Cali.

Is anyone going to the hardware store today? I gotta pick up some Teflon tape. Maybe I can catch a ride if anyone's going this afternoon....

BTW I brought two OCC X duals. This is actually a real unveiling! Only one overclocker has even seen photos. I also brought my zero ice purge case. Can't wait to show and tell! Hopefully a couple guys might be interested in taking an OCC X Dual for a spin this weekend!