HWBOT Community Forums

Athlon X4 845 | Crossblade Ranger | And so it begins ...

Ideally this would be an unlocked part so we can configure all P-states to any ratio :). Second ideal would be to force Pb0 state. Third ideal would be the ability to disable TDP checking. Fourth ideal would be to configure max TDP high enough for Pb0 to always be active.

Currently we cannot force Pb0 in XP, but there are ways of getting there to get it sorted for Pi benching.

This still is a locked part :-/

There's quite a bit of juice left in the trunk. Reminds me of Kabini - everything helps to boost PI :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=4336&stc=1&d=1463571261

@flanker this is why you use XP and never bench pi in W7 take note and learn from overlord Massman :)

@Massman great start for sure now have a proper target to aim for :D This is the fastest <5Ghz 32M on AMD ever done well done man. What's crazy is this is pretty close to the all out fastest AMD time iirc done by Roman or HiVizMan's at > 8Ghz.

AMD stepping up their single core game for sure glad to see it and about time this gives me hope for Zen not being a total crap shoot.

Not bad, Pieter, which mems did you use? Looks a bit like Samsung d, but maybe your psc are junk :D

G.SKILL BBSE (if I remember correctly). It's 2x2GB DDR3-2133C8 Blue Ripjaws.

@Massman great start for sure now have a proper target to aim for :D This is the fastest <5Ghz 32M on AMD ever done well done man. What's crazy is this is pretty close to the all out fastest AMD time iirc done by Roman or HiVizMan's at > 8Ghz.

AMD stepping up their single core game for sure glad to see it and about time this gives me hope for Zen not being a total crap shoot.

Should still be 11sec slower than @Flank3r's run on Win7.

I really feel the tech press is selling Excavator short. Looking at the performance of an (extremely) gimped part, I'd say 15h Gen4 is pretty fast compared to the sadness that was 15h Gen1. Below a 27.92sec PiFast at 4.3G with 1.6G NB and DDR3-2220C7, un-optimized. It's by far the fastest 15h iteration.

• 27.92 - 15h Gen4 (Excavator), 4.3/1.6/2200C7
  • 29.52 - 15h Gen3 (Steamroller), 4.5/1.9/1660C9
  • 29.78 - 15h Gen2 (Piledriver), 4.6/2.4/2400C10
  • 31.39 - 15h Gen1 (Bulldozer), 4.9/2.4/1600C6

Not entirely directly comparable, but interesting nonetheless. I'm considering putting the FX-8350 back on the test bench to do a direct clock-per-clock comparison. IIRC, NB and memory had a huge performance impact on PD.

image_id_1639904.png

• Like 1

Are trcd and trp coupled like on skyfake? I am a bit irritated about trp 9, this is definitely no must have on BBSE^^.

If you set anything other than auto you get boot loops.

10c pot temp for this one, 120 bclk at same temps/voltage made it halfway. Does anyone have a working TurboV Evo, had to use AISuite as it's the only thing that worked.

CEXgibs.png

121 bclk set loops were slightly slower, will try a fresh OS tomorrow.

@The Stilt: is it possible to change the DCT timings at run-time? I can execute read commands, but any write command results in 1) no change to timings and 2) about 5 seconds later a hard shutdown.

The same thing applies on Excavator too, since the DDR3 controllers on Steamroller and Excavator are identical. The only major difference is that on Excavator the PMU SRAM interface is actually working, which makes it possible to train and configure the memory parameters correctly, unlike on Steamroller. Sad stuff :(

The PMU communication should (not sure about public docs) be explained in BKDG, but it is quite a complex procedure. Also with Excavator you need to take into account that it is purely a mobile chip. You need to write the parameters in a right context (i.e with correct MemPS and NBPS targets). It is certainly possible on Excavator, but it is a bunnying nightmare to do.

Not worth doing, IMO. Do what you can from the bios :(

These chips are not any kind of priority for me and I've been working on other stuff instead. Check you EDC reading in recent HWInfo beta versions, could come handy ;)