HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Pro cards in general were a topic that was hard to judge, you normally get no big advantage by these at benching over desktop cards, other than on 16 or 24 core server cpus, we rules them out to keep things simple and workstation/server hardware rule understandable. To make staffs life easier, feel free to use all Matrox cards for the dogpile, as long as everyone has same chance it is OK

I think we've already talk about this:

HWBOT Team Cup 2016 - SC1: Current Gen

Stage 2: 3DMark11 Full Out

Limitations

â–»a Nvidia GeForce 600 series , Nvidia GeForce 700 series videocard

only ONE videocard?

many 2x bench results....

"Full Out" I think mean "no limitations about number of VGA"

I think we've already talk about this:

HWBOT Team Cup 2016 - SC1: Current Gen

Stage 2: 3DMark11 Full Out

Limitations

â–»a Nvidia GeForce 600 series , Nvidia GeForce 700 series videocard

only ONE videocard?

many 2x bench results....

I think it's already been mentioned that there's no limitations in this stage, so as many as you want. As the above poster says, is a full out stage.

• Administrators

XOC is allowed and we have no option to detect ES on memory apart from the picture of the stick. The problem on this is that there are too much "ES" (aka vendor binned, handpicked sample) which we can not determine by spd anyway...

• Administrators

The general rules apply, also the rules for each benchmarks, but because we have special requirements for team cup, we stated the specific rules at each stage and also added requirements for verification if these are different from normal procedure (for example verification screenshot with cpuz mem and cpu tab for memory and CPU validation stages) - there you can also download the background, it is available there at each SC and stage. And yes, the background is mandatory.

why not make it easy michael ? have all the rules on 1 page, all the the requirements of the rules for each stage right there, none of this back and forward from stage to stage to see what the bloody hell is needed for it, but i guess after the mem clock rules were changed to include a ram pic as well as everything else the rules change after the comp starts to suit whatever suits ...all this should be talked about, decided on an implemented b4 any comp starts, its not like its the first team cup to have this sorted out let alone all the bot troubles that pieter was the only one to fix it, just not good enough for bot to have these issues with so many comps, bloody ridiculous and i think unacceptable in competitions that bot want to run if its not all decided and sorted b4 the comp whatever it is is run

• Administrators

Too complicated imho, if we put all the stage rules explicitly on the overview page, this will end up in an enormously big page noone gets an overview. Hwbot tried this in the past at some competitions which had a lot less stages and this brought up big trouble (feedback was bad overview, easy to overlook certain requirements and similar issues). In theory it would be best to have one page with complete rules plus the stage rules again at the stages, I agree on this, but often feedback was tl;dr for people as said.

On some stages, we find bugs or problems only after we have feedback from the community, this results in addons or specification for rules, and sometimes we simply do not see all possibilities for loopholes at first sight even after checking the rules several times, this is when feedback from contestants comes in as well.

On the picture of the memory stick, this is easy to add without making new submission or even rebench, but we will handle this generously anyway. Our main problem with that one was engineering sample memory, handpicked vendor samples and similar items. We discussed this a lot, but we came to the result that we allow xoc mode for validations because some vendors give out sample with retail spd, some have special spd, and we cannot control the first to be ES anyway. Sometimes hwbot fails, but at a lot of issues, we simply have no alternative to making the rules the way we do, when vendors handle this differently, we cannot discriminate people using Zadak511 samples and allow G.Skill samples for example which have retail spd. It is not as easy sometimes as we would like it to be..^^

• Administrators

I will keep this in mind for sure, I am well aware of the fact that the navigation for team cup pages in general needs improvement, on this I agree 100%. EOC sports was improved a lot last 12 months, but there is still headroom for more, learning by doing in this case :)

P.S. Franco, this memory is not available anywhere in shops worldwide it seems, normally it would fall into unreleased hardware or engineering sample. And we both know that handbinned sticks by vendors or sticks binned IC by IC are not reflecting retails. But as said, we cannot determine some of these samples, so we decided to not enforce the es rule on this.

Edited by websmile

Still surprises me that people can't just use plain common sense. Be logic, if you know it is an ES, special made cherry binned non retail sample don't use it...

Some really take these fun competitions way too seriously...

"Honesty is such a lonely word" :)