The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please check your results last time for compliance with hwbot and specific team cup rules - I made a raw check a couple of days ago but will not make another now, with two days to go I recommend you check your results a last time to be sure you get no bad surprises :)

• Administrators

Last hooray :D - and I got last minute questions which I thought were clear, if you upload results for xtu or cpuz stages please use eocsports, it is needed that a screenshot is added and if you load via hwbot, it can happen that you can´t add because there is no such function and you only add the screenshot as picture = no possibility to add. Ireally thought this is clear especially because you can see this at add to competion menu at limitations - it shows you screenshot missing

• Administrators

I am done moderating the cup, I had to remove or block some scores but overall it was awesome that at amount of results that were submitted quota of removals was really low. Because of the pure amount of results and the low influence on the general ranking (it will not change) I made only a raw check on the dogpile, all needs a recalculation and then monday we should see the final result.

Thanks for the excellent participation and grats especially to top3, but all teams did a good job for me :)

I did not like some things in this year TC (stages & rules problems at start). There were like two Haswell-E & AMD Steamroller for both SC1-SC2 stages. Stages with broken required hardware, like "use processors from 543,220,347,999 family", but actually s478 processors meant. Start of Dogpile stage when only best scores were showing, even while your team allready submitted 10 results. Last one was rules added from shadow, and no notifications, like photo of memory sticks with specs. Wish to see Country Cup with no such start problems.

Everything other was awesome & interesting.

Good job everyone, it was a fun :D

Congrats to winners!

• Administrators

I agree, we made our lives and contestants life too complcated with some bugs at database, let´s hope we will not see this again. I have doubts though we will see the dogpile again, it was no big success for me because it caused a lot of trouble for eoc sports and database.

In my opinion, the dogpile was a boatload of fun. I was able to say to folks on my forum "no matter what you got, you qualify!" and that's a good thing to be able to say to novice overclockers. So please don't dismiss it as a failed experiment just yet! Sure there were some wrinkles that need to be ironed out, but I think the intent of the stage was definitely something worth pursuing again in the future.

edit - But if I were to offer one main gripe, it's the exclusion of Opterons (and Xeons), particularly when we're talking about Socket 939.

Edited by Dead Things

• Crew

Yep, dogpile was fun to get some new blood onboard.

Maybe award it next time with a bit more points ? Indeed include everything "Retail" available to the mortal human being.(Thus excluding die-hard server hardware)

I didn't understand no dual gpus and the Opteron part... but fun nevertheless... we opted for quantity iso quality

Lessons learned for the crew ( I hope)

-no simultaneous ending of multiple competitions to avoid server overload

-in case of Multi-GPU, multiple GPU-Z tabs need to be open too

-no team hopping allowed

Edited by Leeghoofd

i thought dogpile was pretty much catered for all, apart from the hardware decided not to be allowed which there is disallowed hardware in all catergories (eg ES etc), as quick as you could change the cpu . gpu, drivers, motherboard, OS's etc you had a sub to sub and considering the amount of subs that were subbed i think we had 1 server stuff up where it had a heart attack, but only for a short time then it was fixed, i think bot did a good job of it and look forward to it being a part of the team cup again next year, maybe with a few improvements that im sure are being thought about already, but all in all i think it went well and thanks to all the bot boys concerned, im sure it made quite a few that got their cards out think, mmmmmmmmm ive still got this card, i thought id killed it long ago lol

Yep, dogpile was fun to get some new blood onboard.

Maybe award it next time with a bit more points ? Indeed include everything "Retail" available to the mortal human being.(Thus excluding die-hard server hardware)

i totaly agree. nice idea, but more points to make the stage and the singel results more important were imho nice...