HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change something twice always Bad idea. All announce must be written in schedule. Schedule must be like rule, which cannot be violated by anybody. All Team CUPs must be year by year, be in the same time, it it enough 100 days to prepare for it with any vacations and etc. It is not serious for HWBOT to moove lunch day for next 2 weeks and another next 2 weeks.

Like last year.

I think that with Computex/G.Skill World Cup just before, and all the World Tour stops to manage, they put a bit aside the Team Cup.

No problems with that, but if you know you are late to launch it, please tell us earlier ^^

• Administrators

I guess it is time to clarify some things and explain a couple of issues - the concept was ready way before 1st of june, the even higher than expected workload at computex preparation, Computex itself and worldtour did delay the technical implementation.

For people who ask why we did not set 1st of july from the beginning as start, we wanted to avoid that team cup ends same date as challenger round 3 (which it now does), because me and other mods will have enormous trouble handling moderation then and also it is not ideal for benchers in all comps when challengers and team cup end same day.

We could have planned differently of course, and make Teamcup 60 instead of 90 days at schedule etc, but this is always a highlight for many benchers each year, so for next year we are open for proposals if shorter team cup with less stages for example is OK

Final sentence, sorry if people had a real inconvenience from this, but I hope you all see this was more or less a try to make things ideal for everyone and also keep Teamcup alive at full length, but you cannot always beat the odds

Ok so delayed from June 1st 'cause Computex, but now mean lot of work for mods as end date is same as Challenger Round 3.

Hopefully, people will be nice and submit proper scores with nice screenshots and in agreement with the rules :)

That was to be expected I dont mind the start being at the start of the month though.

I also dont think anyone should know what the stages are going to be till they are put up on the day that makes it even for everyone.

But saying that I also dont like the get a certain target score like in a GPU round last year Cloudgate Target 250 thats just first in best dressed if a team doesnt see that the minute it opens well they have no hope.

Also shorter and less stages in Teams Cup NO it is great the way it is dont change it.

Edited by macsbeach98

.... I also dont like the get a certain target score like in a GPU round last year Cloudgate Target 250 thats just first in best dressed if a team doesnt see that the minute it opens well they have no hope.

You reminded me that EPIC FAIL.

Fail , not as an idea , but moreover as the way it was implemented and by the stucture of the announcement by Massman.

Anyway

Lets move forward.

Get in line, stages have leaked :D

@websmile & Co, wanna clear some points before comp started ^^

- First : Stages 3 to 6 were copied/pasted between SC1 and SC2, i suppose it's a typo ?

- Second : "Average of 3 best CPUs" means the stage needs 3 scores to be completed, but does it also means that all the others stages need only 1 score ? (Except Dogpile ofc).

- Third : What exactly means "Average of 3 best CPUs/GPUs" ? 3 best scores on a CPU/GPU stage, or 3 scores with "higher ranked" CPU/GPU ? (for example, a i3 6320 is "ranked higher" than a i3 6100, even if the second on can beat the first one)

- Fourth : SC3, stage 2, "Average of 3 best CPUs" for a GPU stage. Typo or ranked indeed by CPU (and so in relation with my third point) ?

- Fifth : Subzero is allowed everywhere i supposed ?

Don't wanna be annoying, i just like when it's clear and explicit ^^

Edit : Yeah sorry newlife, always confuse websmile and you, too much letters in common x)

Edited by Taloken