HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, this is going more and more into the direction "kill the small teams".

In the past, I could manage many stages on my own, now it seems impossible.

Yes, it is true, for our small one and the only team in Belarus to.

Hope on this,

Whatever you found is still preliminary, and might be changed, so I don´t think questions now make sense^^

• Administrators

Maybe we should make a one man cup in the future - this is extremely poor, if you are not able to get three!!! different guys to submit at certain stages I wonder why you are in a team anyway... I am always open for legit criticism, but you should simply remember what this is called - team cup and not one man ego trip cup :)

Sadly, this is going more and more into the direction "kill the small teams".

In the past, I could manage many stages on my own, now it seems impossible.

I agree with you. The current Team Cup is not interesting for small teams, too much financial investment and no special appeal.

Maybe we should make a one man cup in the future - this is extremely poor, if you are not able to get three!!! different guys to submit at certain stages I wonder why you are in a team anyway... I am always open for legit criticism, but you should simply remember what this is called - team cup and not one man ego trip cup :)

3 people or 5 or even 10 (We managed 8 or 9 for country if Im right and that got us pretty far) is good for the team spirit and nothing people should complain about.

What really gets us worried is the dogpile part tho, if that part is only one sub per member its going to be a pure largest team competition as there are hundreds of GPUs geting significant amounts of 3dmark01 points.

The ‘Dogpile’ round involves teams making as many submissions as possible with scores added together to make a total score. Only score per CPU/GPU allowed, so it’s all about digging out and scoring on as many different CPUs/GPUs as possible.

• Administrators

Don´t worry, if I remember correctly it is not user limited (means submit as many cpus as you have personally) and we put weight on points in a direction that this is for sure not over present.

I bit my tongue a bit on comments above, maybe people should see that 75% of hardware needed is 4 years or older, 50% 6-8 years and so on. Even on new gen stage you can use 3-4 year old stuff at some stages. We can not omit new gen benchers completely, for us everyone is welcome at team cup :)

Don´t worry, if I remember correctly it is not user limited (means submit as many cpus as you have personally) and we put weight on points in a direction that this is for sure not over present.

I bit my tongue a bit on comments above, maybe people should see that 75% of hardware needed is 4 years or older, 50% 6-8 years and so on. Even on new gen stage you can use 3-4 year old stuff at some stages. We can not omit new gen benchers completely, for us everyone is welcome at team cup :)

In that case I have to say that what we see so far looks really good and well balanced, I like the idea to split it up based on memory type :)

Even If Im not a personal fan of the 3 subs with laptops in modern hardware stages

Having multiple scores on one stage is not annoying on modern hardware, but it is on vintage.

Like finding 3 people who have a K10 + 2 HD3000 ... would be awesome to ever find one guy.

And K10 is not so old.

Most of people sell their old stuff to get new one.

Unfortunately, in our country it is sometimes difficult to find even 1 set for the submission, well 3, and the more different members of the team - it is simply unrealistic.

We will be a lot to think about our participation.

Edited by daimons

• Administrators

Logistics, organizing hardware and coordinating within the team is always one of the biggest challenges at team cup, we know this. We opted for max of three submissions at multi sub stages to give chances also to smaller teams, often this ends in sessions where they bench together to get the results needed. I really hope for your understanding that we made these multi-sub stages because we want to emphasize the team spirit, and from my experience in the past as member of awardfabrik, which has very few active benchers last years but always did very good, I think smaller groups often do better because they are better organized

there are lots of competitions for binned skylake + GTX1080. only a few guys with best samples can realy compete in stages for this hardware. a amd k6 or pentium II or whatever kosts maybe 5,- € at ebay. everybody can compete. so i like the idea of cups where these expensive hardware does not matter and everybody has same chance to compete. ^_^

I think this format is quitte well balanced with the HW needed, not so much stage where really high expensive HW is needed, no 980ti/1080 SLI needed :)

Quite a good challenge.

Will it be some restriction about cooling? or frequency?

Guest Digg_de
there are lots of competitions for binned skylake + GTX1080. only a few guys with best samples can realy compete in stages for this hardware. a amd k6 or pentium II or whatever kosts maybe 5,- € at ebay. everybody can compete. so i like the idea of cups where these expensive hardware does not matter and everybody has same chance to compete. ^_^

I like more the "NotPay2Win" Competitions. :nana:

Guest Digg_de
Yes, you should e-mail your hardware list to the moderators so that they can create competions based on that...

Should i?