HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I have no idea what you found, but this is no team cup stage^^ - in general, when we need three results for a stage, always three different cpu or vga models are required to make an overall score, for your example this would mean indeed 6700k, 6600k, 4670k or whatever other cpu :)

Windows98 Stage was open for all, there is no need TOP HW, so it was be possible for all ))

because of that it was a great idea =)

and lots of tweaking possible and a lot to try. for exsample making the 2600k sandy ready for win98 was a great idea and good work =)

this stage should be a bonus-stage at tc2016 :D

and this time i will participate ^_^

• Administrators

Do you think a couple of days before start make a difference on a competition that runs for 13 weeks?^^

P.S. Please take in that we need to implement some stuff and fix some hardwarelistings at database to make all work perfectly at start, so it is only partially trolling :P:D

Edited by websmile

I'm not sure if I understand this "Average of 3 best" thing. Does it mean three different people must submit score of three different CPU/GPU in the selected stage + benchmark (one person each)? Or I can do all 3 by myself?

The same question applies for "SC5: Dogpile". I can dig up 100+ CPU/GPU easily... but other team members are not much into Team cup benchmarking...

• Administrators

On the "average of 3 best" stages we want three different members with different hardware, this is because we want to emphasize this is a team competition. On the dogpile, feel free to submit as much different cpu/vgas as you personally have, it is unlimited amount of subs per bencher as long as it is different hardware

Guest barbonenet

hi guys, is it possible to bench with asus z170-p d3 on the SC2 Stage 5: Unigine Extreme - Radeon HD 6000/5000 ????

Its a skylake board with ddr3 support!

thanks

• Administrators

Will let you know after discussion to be sure, but don´t set high hopes, it would be against the intention of hardware generations for stages because it is too new for "modern gen". I guess there is no doubt skylake is current gen, no matter if ddr3 or ddr4 are used :)

Will let you know after discussion to be sure, but don´t set high hopes, it would be against the intention of hardware generations for stages because it is too new for "modern gen". I guess there is no doubt skylake is current gen, no matter if ddr3 or ddr4 are used :)

for the same reason I think it would be possible use a 775 mobo with DDR3 in the SC3: Legacy, what do you think about this ?

Thank you

Guest barbonenet

Ok michael, just for know it! Because people can post the last hour with this platform and get good score easy.....maybe is better add it in the rules;) cheers;)

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

• Administrators

In general, DDR3 is already over-represented because at modern gen we also opened option for haswell for example. I think it is a good decision to limit 775 to ddr2, the socket was introduced in 2004 and there are tons of boards you can use. Everyone has same chance anyway :)

P.S. I agree, Bai, would be better to make specification to the rules at modern gen about Skylake to rule out problems