HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions now we have confirmation of stages:

>>3DMark03 1xGPU requries a Celeron D as the CPU only? No Pentium D? (Also shouldn't it be 360 in the limitations as opposed to 160).

>>AM2 CPU Frequency requires a CPU from this list Overclocking, overclocking, and much more! Like overclocking. ? Also, it this % OC or outright highest?

Thanks all, looks like it's going to be a good comp!

These Stages are much nicer than the first batch :D

I have too several precisions in mind :

SC1 : Stage 2, how many GPUs ? I assume Full Out mean 4-way allowed ?

SC3 : Stage 5, how many subs are required 1 or 3 ?

For SC2:S4, SC3:S2, SC4:S1/S2, it seems there's an error in display of CPU families restriction.

• Administrators

Netburst 775

MHz, no percentage oc at any stage, it is always raw MHz

SC1 stage 2 is full out, only stage where gpu core count is unlimited - I had this question before at another thread and seems to have been not too clear what I answered, I also clarified it there, full out is unlimited.

SC3 stage5 seems to be clear, it is one, is there anything I overlook? It is only average of three when we write it on rules explicitly

• Administrators

Family link might come later, for sc2 stage3 refer to the announcement, already answered this and stage description is correct on this if you check it

P.S. check hwbot database cpu for bulldozer and piledriver, these are 15h gen1 and gen2 - please keep in mind that server cpus are not allowed for team cup

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

No, sorry, as well as es - might be annoying but this is in tradition of all our competitions, we do not want 16 core server cpus for example own hwbotprime or cinebench stages, and because of this it is generally not allowed to use server cpus

Family link might come later, for sc2 stage3 refer to the announcement, already answered this and stage description is correct on this if you check it

P.S. check hwbot database cpu for bulldozer and piledriver, these are 15h gen1 and gen2 - please keep in mind that server cpus are not allowed for team cup

I'm sorry, but where do I find the official announcement? How can the description be correct, are there even any laptops with mobile Skylake and DDR3? And Stage 1 have Sandy and Ivy, it just seems logical that Stage 3 should have it also? I'm just feeling very confused, maybe this announcement will clearify thing, if I only could find it :)

• Administrators
I'm sorry, but where do I find the official announcement? How can the description be correct, are there even any laptops with mobile Skylake and DDR3? And Stage 1 have Sandy and Ivy, it just seems logical that Stage 3 should have it also? I'm just feeling very confused, maybe this announcement will clearify thing, if I only could find it :)

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=158808

post #3 should answer your question, and if you go to the stage directly via eoc sports, you find the correct cpus needed for the stage

qdigg I already anwered this above, we need a database fix we now wait for above 2 weeks to correct this...

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=158808

post #3 should answer your question, and if you go to the stage directly via eoc sports, you find the correct cpus needed for the stage

qdigg I already anwered this above, we need a database fix we now wait for above 2 weeks to correct this...

Yes, I can read, but it still doesn't make any sense? Mobile Skylake with DDR3? Does this even exists? But I guess Haswell it is then ;) To bad Sandy and Ivy aren't allowed, that would make much more sense in the category.

And another thing, under SC1 - Stage 4: Geekbench3 Multi Core - Steamroller. How are we suppose to run this? Can anyone show me a motherboard for Steamroller with DDR4 please.

Edited by Marquzz

• Administrators

I am not sure now you can read :D - on post #3 I explicitly stated that stage 3 of sc2 is mobile sandy/ ivy bridge... http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=451694&postcount=3

On the steamroller, amd has no ddr4 system so we took newest gen they had atm and used this, we also included haswell btw for this which is also ddr3. We thought it is better than skip amd completely from new gen and also included haswell bc we are not sure everyone has upgraded to skylake all over the world already^^

OC eSports

Edited by websmile

I am not sure now you can read :D - on post #3 I explicitly stated that stage 3 of sc2 is mobile sandy/ ivy bridge... http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=451694&postcount=3

On the steamroller, amd has no ddr4 system so we took newest gen they had atm and used this, we also included haswell btw for this which is also ddr3. We thought it is better than skip amd completely from new gen and also included haswell bc we are not sure everyone has upgraded to skylake all over the world already^^

OC eSports

Please edit rules everywhere. Stuff can't be placed in some reply in some thread somewhere. I hope you can understand that putting Steamroller under DDR4-category is confusing? Is there another exception in any other SC, or is this the only one? Please make things like this clear, it will make your own work much easier.

• Administrators

The cup did not even start now and you panic?

I am quite amused tbh, all changes are already tasked internally for hours now, and stage rules are clear for example on the mobile sandy/ivy. @Taloken SC2-4 are completely linked to ddr generation. If you are willing to develop an amd board with ddr4 in one day, we can delete Haswell from SC1 and use only ddr4 at current gen :)