HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Administrators

Unless the rules allow or ask for sli or cf or are marked full out, all vgas stages are single vga core. I tend to allow native dual gpu core card for the dogpile (like 7950gx2 or 3870x2), but for sure 2x8800GTS for example is not allowed. I will discuss the dual gpu native topic and let you know, but sli or cf with two or more cards is definitely out

Edit: I checked again, we have already agreed on this topic to be for single gpu core only - so no sli,cf and no dual gpu cards for dogpile

Edited by websmile

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Digg_de

There are two options for SC3 Stage 2:

1. This stage requires 3 submissions with different GPUs from different users! OC eSports

2. This stage requires 3 submissions with different CPUs from different users! OC eSports

GPUs, not CPUs, right?

Edited by Digg_de

• Administrators

Yes, this is a typo, on 3ds of course the vgas make the result and therefore three different gpu models have to be used

P.S. Of course I scheduled a fix to end confusion^^

Edited by websmile

In vintage category, Memory Clock DDR1. It says: "This stage requires 3 submissions from different users!" All other mem-freq. stages require only 1 submission. Is this correct? It seems strange because you can not have three different types of hardware...

And also the usual questions for all mem frequency stages:

Any difference in frequency allowed between screenshot and validation?

There are no specific rules so I assume XOC is ok in validation and we don't have to show SPD in screenshot? What do we have to show in screen, only mem tab?

CPU and mem tab are minimum requirements for a screenshot, xoc should be ok, no difference from validation to screenshot. Please provide a picture of the rig with mem stick visible

Both CPU and mem tab? All that info is in the verification link already..

If serious you really should add that to the stage info then as I checked both there and the rules for mem frequency and it said nothing about what should be in the screenshoot so only took one with mem tab open.

HWBOT Memory Clock Benchmark Validation Regulations

OC eSports

EDIT: And no requirments of CPU tab in last months comp either, why add it now? Whats the gain from having it?

OC eSports

/A grumpy guy that already changed RAM and wiped out all TCCD settings to move on to next stage :(

Edited by lanbonden

• Administrators

Sad to hear this :(, but let´s not ignore common sense :) - we all know the minimum requirements for 2d screenshots, this is 2x cpuz with cpu and mem tab. Please don´t make life so hard for yourself, a bit of logic and common sense are often better than making 10 pages of rules.

Sad to hear this :(, but let´s not ignore common sense :) - we all know the minimum requirements for 2d screenshots, this is 2x cpuz with cpu and mem tab. Please don´t make life so hard for yourself, a bit of logic and common sense are often better than making 10 pages of rules.

Im not sure if I would count mem frequency as a 2d bench but ok, so I take it we need to show mem tab aswell for the CPU frequency in am2 stage?

OC eSports

Sorry Michael but I think that's crap.

Never ever have we needed more than the validation link for mem clk anywhere at any time, INCLUDING the Div. 7 challenge that just finished. All the pertinent info is included in the link anyway.

Edited by Mr.Scott

• Administrators

We handled it with screenshot last year and this year at several competitions and had very good experience with this. The reason we want the screenshot should be quite clear, we checked cpuz and found it to be possible to recycle old subs...

P.S. The general rules are quite clear for screenshots and what is needed, if we demand a screenshot cpuz cpu and memory tab are always needed

Edited by websmile

Definitely. I created a task to add this to the screenshot rules, obviously we expected too much

P.S. Good this came up quite early, so we can add to the rules before the hot phase starts.

The bolded part just comes out bad as I cant find one single time where we have needed to show both CPU and Mem tab for mem frequency in a competition before and its not required for normal subs at all as the cpuz valid link is enough there.

Last comp I could find with CPU frequency as a stage was team cup 2015 and guess what, there was no need for the cpu and mem tab, there was no need for a screenshot at all.

OC eSports

If not a single one of us that have posted scores yet, that are all experienced with competitions here at HWbot managed to get it right, it sure wasnt Obviouse to anyone.

• Administrators

Many also submitted 3ds lately without gpuz - shall we change the rules because of this?^^

P.S. Screenshots are, next to the links, another method of providing the required verification. Please make sure your screenshot is as clear as possible! In general, this is required:

CPU-Z CPU information tab

CPU-Z Memory information tab

GPU-Z videocard information tab (3DMark/PCMark/Aquamark)

For SuperPi/Pifast: entire calculation has to be visible

For 3DMark/PCMark: benchmark settings have to be visible as well as the subtest scores

And on the topic, if not tons of people would have cheatet last years at challengers and other comps by recycling old scores, we would gladly skip the screenshot - so it is our fault that there are people who cheat?

Edited by websmile

• Administrators
When???? And don't say during Div. 7 challenge, because if that's true and wasn't mentioned then, I'll call rigged.

We checked ourselves, this is why we went for cpu 1,76 and the screenshot - on the recycled scores, I do not think I have to give examples, everyone should have seen this especially at challenger divisions over the last 12 months. It was reason we made background mandatory

We checked ourselves, this is why we went for cpu 1,76 and the screenshot - on the recycled scores, I do not think I have to give examples, everyone should have seen this especially at challenger divisions over the last 12 months. It was reason we made background mandatory

I'm sorry, but I would like to see examples please.

And were the offenders that supposedly recycled the subs banned for cheating?

We all saw what happened in challenger round 1...

No we all did not.

• Administrators

@Rauf First of all the general rules from 2011! last update on screenshot rules say so, and second point is to rule out (or at least make harder)screenshot sharing

@ Mr.Scott I will not dig out old stuff, we draw the consequences from this to avoid stuff like this in the future

Edited by websmile

Whatever.

I'm so done with this.

The cheats suck every stitch of fun out of this hobby. And never any repercussions for them, just for the honest players.

Goalposts that change mid game, totally sick of it.

Crap like this is exactly why this hobby will never become any more than what it is already.

CHANGE IT.

HWBOT Memory Clock Benchmark Validation Regulations

HWBOT MEMORY CLOCK BENCHMARK VALIDATION REGULATIONS

Allowed benchmark versions Latest official CPU-Z version (find latest here)

Allowed operating systems

All Windows based

Default benchmark settings Score is the frequency as indicated behind “Ram Speed†in the validation link

Allowed optimisations N/A

Disallowed tweaks/cheats

Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Verification screenshot requirements N/A

Verification link

A CPU-Z verification link is mandatory for all submissions. Validate your result here: here

CPU-Z validation name must match HWBOT username

Example screenshot N/A

Additional notes

This page contains the benchmark result regulation specifications for Memory Clock. The rules as described in our General Rules section are still applicable even if they are not specifically mentioned on this page.

It is your responsibility, and the responsibility of your team captain(s) that these rules are followed properly. Your submission may be blocked by hwbot crew without notice if your submission is in violation of one of these rules. Multiple infractions may lead to a warning, and eventually an account ban.

Changelog

Sep 29, 2014: allow all Windows based operating systems

May 19, 2008: screenshots no longer valid as verification method

May 15, 2008: initial draw

THIS TOO.

HWBOT CPU Frequency Benchmark Validation Regulations

HWBOT CPU FREQUENCY BENCHMARK VALIDATION REGULATIONS

Allowed benchmark versions Latest official CPU-Z version for Windows or Android

Allowed operating systems

All Windows based

Default benchmark settings Score is the frequency as indicated under the section Processor CPU, next to “Frequency†in the validation link

Allowed optimisations N/A

Disallowed tweaks/cheats

Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Verification screenshot requirements N/A

Verification link

A CPU-Z verification link is mandatory for all submissions. Validate your result here: here

CPU-Z validation name must match HWBOT username

Example screenshot N/A

Additional notes

This page contains the benchmark result regulation specifications for CPU Frequency. The rules as described in our General Rules section are still applicable even if they are not specifically mentioned on this page.

It is your responsibility, and the responsibility of your team captain(s) that these rules are followed properly. Your submission may be blocked by hwbot crew without notice if your submission is in violation of one of these rules. Multiple infractions may lead to a warning, and eventually an account ban.

Changelog

Sep 29, 2014: fix a couple of typing mistakes, allow all Windows based operating systems

May 19, 2008: screenshots no longer valid as verification method

May 15, 2008: initial draw

Edited by Mr.Scott