HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Administrators

No need to change it when it is neither time limited nor team bound. If we would not need proof that the sub was made for a competition and not an older score was recycled, screenshot would not be necessary. I understand you are angry, maybe you can imagine how staff feels often when we have to make rules because we know a few guys, very few, like to bend or break the rules and we have a ton more on workload because of this. We do it to protect the legit guys

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all the general rules from 2011! last update on screenshot rules say so, and second point is to rule out (or at least make harder)screenshot sharing

Sorry but we must be reading 2 separate set of rules.

Nothing about 2011 update, in fact says opposite. 2008 Screen shots no longer valid.

• Administrators

I quote it again, these are the screenshot rules of hwbot. If we ask for a screenshort for obvious, already discussed reasons, these apply

Screenshots are, next to the links, another method of providing the required verification. Please make sure your screenshot is as clear as possible! In general, this is required:

CPU-Z CPU information tab

CPU-Z Memory information tab

GPU-Z videocard information tab (3DMark/PCMark/Aquamark)

For SuperPi/Pifast: entire calculation has to be visible

For 3DMark/PCMark: benchmark settings have to be visible as well as the subtest scores

P.S. you can read the complete general rules here

HWBOT General Rules and Guidelines

Edited by websmile

We have never had to have a screenshot before just the validation Link.

With CPU and Mem clock validations the link is accepted without a screenshot for subs.

If you sub anything else it gets knocked back and you cant sub it without a screenshot.

If you made these rules in 2011 well why the hell now does the engine still accept CPUz subs without a screenshot?

To spring this on people now is wrong when they have already subbed without one and subbed that way before and its been the accepted norm.

For memclock validations does a screenshot with the CPUz mem tab suffice or do we have to have the CPU tab open too.

And for CPU clock validations do we have to have both tabs open as well I do sometimes sub a screenshot but its never been a requirement.

Edited by macsbeach98

• Administrators

Sorry, if no one bothers to read the posts here, I will not explain all again. We have a time limit that only results made on or after start of team cup are accepted for the competition, if you do not understand this, it is not my problem anymore. It is the way it is :)

No need to change it when it is neither time limited nor team bound. If we would not need proof that the sub was made for a competition and not an older score was recycled, screenshot would not be necessary. I understand you are angry, maybe you can imagine how staff feels often when we have to make rules because we know a few guys, very few, like to bend or break the rules and we have a ton more on workload because of this. We do it to protect the legit guys

heres your problem...........nothing wrong with the rules as they are and have been, so to fix it is-----warning, infraction......then BAN....do what you should have done with them long ago, and if that is your excuse for rule change its piss weak to say the least

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

because we know a few guys, very few, like to bend or break the rules

Edited by ozzie

Anyone wonder why I pushed so hard in the beginning to make rules clear before competition. We can't have things like "everyone should know", "I wrote one somewhere" or "that time we did this". How hard can it be? As I said, every. single. time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People

We have enough time to fix any kind of problem or "problematic situation" here.

Either it's from our side as users-contestants or from hwbot's side.

No need to be too aggresive and no need to put extra pressure on people , that have prooven to be honest , fair and hard workers , here at hwbot.

Remember to put the fun factor as number 1 priority.

:)

Another rule that was added has gone by unnoticed: Sys-pic has to show memory module clearly. So i guess all results will be removed because they have fans covering the memory. What about ln2 pots on memory, is that ok?

People

We have enough time to fix any kind of problem or "problematic situation" here.

Either it's from our side as users-contestants or from hwbot's side.

No need to be too aggresive and no need to put extra pressure on people , that have prooven to be honest , fair and hard workers , here at hwbot.

Remember to put the fun factor as number 1 priority.

:)

Yes, of course we all do this because it's fun. What's not fun is that maybe you've access to a particular hardware for a couple of days in the beginning of the competition and bench the hell out of it. Then, after you returned it, or it has died, the rules change and your submission is invalid all of a sudden. That could make even the happiest chump a little bitter...

• Administrators
Another rule that was added has gone by unnoticed: Sys-pic has to show memory module clearly. So i guess all results will be removed because they have fans covering the memory. What about ln2 pots on memory, is that ok?

Simply add a picture of the stick(s) used, no need to rebench because of this. I will not remove sumissions because of this, you are not vendor bound for example.

Generally, we cannot add tons of rules to each stage and even to the competition rules. We did this sometimes in the past and feedback was "too complicated, we overlooked some parts, etc" and had more problems than positive feedback from this. The rules for the specific benchmark always apply, and if we make add on to the rules at a competition like for example at memory stage, the general rules for validation apply.

• Crew

Well sometimes people assume too much... too much drama as always... there are still over 80 days to get it something in...

I'll start aiding Websmile on moderating.

Just after a quick glance over the submissions: I spot a lot of incorrect clocks submissions. A lot will be removed as I see no background at all...

We need to make the arena as fair as possible. A lot of people have backups dating from earlier than the Team Cup as Websmile told before and will use them for sure.

Again usually all these small rule additions are the outcome of one or more contestants trying to use non allowed hardware, bend rules,...

There's still plenty of time left to get your acts together and have fun... some take this hobby way too serious...

Screenshot for cpuz validation stages isn't hell, and it was said at first in the comp rules.

For ddr modules in rig photo, can you explicitly write it in the rules plz ?

Websmile, you said peoples need common sense to avoid hundreds of rules pages, but peoples doesn't have all the same common sense.

Invest in a solid keyboard, you will always have to write rules :D

• Administrators

I tasked this, should be added shortly like the cpuz cpu/mem tab rule to make this bullet proof even if you do not read this thread or general rules.

I think Leeghoofd nailed it pretty well why we want screenshots with background for all stages, and also why we want cpuz tabs for mem stage. No one would be happy if at a s.939 stage for example suddenly an old backup score by giannigt is posted to own us all :D. Without this rule we could make database query before the comp starts and announce a winner based on scores from the past, no matter if guys still have the hardware or not. The team cup is meant to start at zero, all provide new results, all have the same chance therefore to make a good campaign

I see that its updated in the stages what should be in the screenshots, so far all good, but how come CPU tab is enough for cpu frequency if both tabs are needed for mem frequency?

OC eSports

Screenshot must include CPU-Z CPU tab

OC eSports

Screenshot must include CPU-Z CPU and Memory tab

And one last thing, can you please check my sub and say that its correct, so I dont have to rerun this a third time from new rules?

lanbonden`s Memory Clock score: 412.1 MHz with a DDR SD-RAM

• Crew
Do not think that SCREENSHOT is necessary there and in future, think it will be enough cpu-z validation. A ?

Plz do not think in our place :D we are well payed to do so :celebration:

Just follow the rules as they are laid down now!

Memory validations INCLUDING screenshot with CPU and mem tab open and verification link

CPU speed validation with CPU-Z CPU tab in the screenshot and verification link

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Administrators

Sadly no, this is what hurts me personally a bit, but no exceptions. For all stages no server hardware, only exception is Skulltrail because it was a desktop gaming concept that Intel branded this way despite socket 771 used

what about dual socket 370 and dual slot 1 boards whit regulat celerons and Pentium II/III

for the dogepile can we use them in dual configuration or only on singel boards?

and plz confum thad if i use the skulltrail in singel qx9775 cpu config thad it whil not count as diferent qx9775 cpu

Edited by skulstation

• Administrators

I guess the rules are clear, there is stated use one processor... On the second question, no idea what you mean, you can use the qx9775 in single configuration for the dogple and that´s ok, it will cover the model