HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2016 thread

Taloken

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has already been asked, but why no Pitcairn/Curaçao for SC1.5, Fire Strike Extreme? Doesn't seem fair to leave out the poor HD 7870/R9 270X, he just wants to play too...

BTW comp organizers, well done, awesome stages this year!

• Administrators

a Mobile Celeron (Northwood), Mobile Pentium 4 (Northwood), Mobile Celeron (Merom), Mobile Pentium 4 (Prescott), Mobile Pentium (Merom), Mobile Pentium (Yonah) processor

The stage is limited to these cpus, because of the mass of possible candidates it was cut down to these to make things clear for benchers

• Administrators

I have honestly no idea, Scotty. I made a test submission and it worked immediately without any problem, I use Firefox. Maybe try another browser or double check size of screenshots and also if you have a typo or something else that kills the fun

websmile`s 3DMark 99 Max score: 5555 marks with a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

P.S. Will delete sub this evening :D

a Mobile Celeron (Northwood), Mobile Pentium 4 (Northwood), Mobile Celeron (Merom), Mobile Pentium 4 (Prescott), Mobile Pentium (Merom), Mobile Pentium (Yonah) processor

The stage is limited to these cpus, because of the mass of possible candidates it was cut down to these to make things clear for benchers

Hm, does any of these even support DDR2?

Edit: I guess Merom and Yonah does, but the rest?

Edited by Marquzz

• Administrators

Sorry, was a bit distracted - there are Prescott results with ddr2, I think I saw Northwood as well. Might be a good idea to do some research

@Albrecht try to disable some functions at cpuz ini, set values to 0 instead of 1, might be dmi or another check that makes it freeze

Edited by websmile

I have honestly no idea, Scotty. I made a test submission and it worked immediately without any problem, I use Firefox. Maybe try another browser or double check size of screenshots and also if you have a typo or something else that kills the fun

websmile`s 3DMark 99 Max score: 5555 marks with a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra

P.S. Will delete sub this evening :D

Wound up being a browser issue. Works fine in Firefox. I was using Chrome before. Funny though, I have subbed in other stages without having to change from Chrome.

Sadly no, this is what hurts me personally a bit, but no exceptions. For all stages no server hardware, only exception is Skulltrail because it was a desktop gaming concept that Intel branded this way despite socket 771 used

To me this is wrong in the part for socket 939 Opterons.

These are desktop CPUs.

For server you would need s.940.

If I remember correctly certain dual-cpu s.939 boards with nF4 chipset exist, which support Athlon64/Sempron CPUs, so going by this logic you should ban them too.

As long as a s.939 Opteron is used, I don't see a problem.

Why allow Skulltrail, but no s.939 Opterons that are basically the same as their Athlon64 counterparts.

Can you elaborate on the subject why these specific Opterons are not allowed.

Maybe there's something I don't know or missed in the discussion.

PS: And sorry if I ask the same question, but did not find an answer by searching the thread. I know we (participants) are annoying at times :).

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

• Administrators

All Opterons are server cpus, no matter which socket, as well as xeons are server. If we allow 939 opertons, people will say this is not fair unless you allow xeon 3110 and 3210 and so on... The decision is a general one, we decided to disallow server parts to rule out expensive, rare parts to appear at certain stages, every exception would only cause trouble and confuse people what to use or not