HWBOT Community Forums

Challenger Div 2 - XTU 4.5G CPU clock limit

phobosq

Just to be sure - as there used to be a limit of 4500 or 4503 in previous competitions like that - here it's enough to have 4.50 in XTU and CPU-Z can show 4505 or 4507?

I think have 4.5 Ghz in XTU is enough, there isn't a maximus frequency specified in the Stage Limits as in other previous competitions

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I made a fast check at the results of xtu 4,5ghz today, and I would recommend top 3 results rebench, top 2 have cache above limit and #3 disabled monitoring so I cannot see cache frequency - unless stated otherwise cache is always equal or less to core, and if you disable monitoring and I cannot check this, result is most likely invalid, I have to check with head of moderation and sent out warning

Edited by websmile

Guest Digg_de

^^..

Knapp drei Tage vor Ende habt ihr mal drübergeschaut.. saugeil. :D Die Ergebnisse stehen seit nem Monat? Und jetzt muss man Glück haben, wenn man die HW noch hat zum nachbenchen.

Edited by Digg_de

• Administrators

OK, we talked about this and as long as it is at same multiplier, the 4,51ghz cache readout is OK, especially because we refer to the common sense but did not write it explicitly in the rules. As we decided to handle it this way, I also make an exception for the result with hidden settings and monitoring, but only once. To make this clear, hiding settings at an XTU low clock and disable monitoring is no go in the future

OK, we talked about this and as long as it is at same multiplier, the 4,51ghz cache readout is OK, especially because we refer to the common sense but did not write it explicitly in the rules. As we decided to handle it this way, I also make an exception for the result with hidden settings and monitoring, but only once. To make this clear, hiding settings at an XTU low clock and disable monitoring is no go in the future

Ahaha I saw your message too late, I already rebenched :)

Just for next Cups, I think the best way to be sure that all bench on XTU at the same frequency is look at "Maximum Processor Frequency", only this, because all the parameters in the monitoring area report the instant value and not the maximum registered during the bench, they are not constant but sometime change about +/-0.01 every few seconds

Edited by scannick

• Administrators

I agree, still we have the problem that some boards are preferred this way, Asrock reports 4007 for example and even higher as 4,00ghz and Asus as 4,01Ghz already. Well, I guess we have to live with this^^ - what is clear for future is that we want monitoring enabled and visible :)