HWBOT Community Forums
MR. Horse

Beware of fake gtx960's on ebay.

I was on eBay the other day and came by a few gtx960's that look fake, no they are fake. The last on is made by EZVGA :P

They're older 4xx/5xx cards with hacked bios and they're from china.

Judging by the looks of things their most likely GTX 460/560/560Ti with hacked bios.

If you take a look at the gpu-z screen shot you can see that the shaders are off and so is the bus on the ram, the PCB looks wrong and the core has censored text on it.

If your looking for a gtx960 on eBay make sure you get a real one.

Edited by MR. Horse

Now people will buy these cards just to beg for another special hardware category where they can be an easy #1.

This is a nightmare. It would be very interesting what programs other than GPU-Z show for those cards. I told wizzard to change GPU-Z detection algorithym but got no response. Ofcourse I had our db in mind back than. Now people with money in mind taking advantage of this.

I don't bench counterfeit cards, Sam. You should know me better than that.

Should be correct actually, please correct me if Im wrong?

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/599/geforce-gts-450-oem

Being a dual-slot card, the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 OEM draws power from 1x 6-pin power connectors

I did not know that dual slot cards had to have a 6-pin power connector.

I thought it was only cards the puled more then 65w.:P

This is a nightmare. It would be very interesting what programs other than GPU-Z show for those cards.

If they did not cost as much and I had a system to test them with I'd give one a try juts to find that out alone. But I'm not giving the sellers that much money. Of curse once I was done with the card I'd file case with ebay about counterfeit goods.

Edited by MR. Horse

aint the hardware id fingerprint baed on soldered diodes on the pc? or pre 600s cards u could change it on the bios?

funny u see 12_1 on gpuz, can u lost a dxdiag ss?