HWBOT Community Forums

CHEAPAZ CHIPS SEASON 1

newlife

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds great but I was under the impression basically all of the 3d benches were cpu bound in some way or another, so if you want a cheap competition I would imagine you'd have to limit the cpu in some way at least.
If you have low coast competition allow only 2 or 4 core CPU. Maybe 4/8 CPU @ max 5Ghz

The competition is specifically designed that the GPU should be the bottleneck on a modern system.

A cpu clock or core limit should not be required when the card is as low end as this.

• Members
The competition is specifically designed that the GPU should be the bottleneck on a modern system.

A cpu clock or core limit should not be required when the card is as low end as this.

Ah right nice, I don't really know anything about 3D really and just assumed a more powerful cpu would mean a higher score regardless of GPU.

if only gpu the score counts i am agry to not ban any cpu.

but whit physics score i vote for ban all the k and x cpu's.

edit :

i see now thad ther is no cloud gate stage.

but stil i vote for all cheap not only the gpu :)

Edited by skulstation

if only gpu the score counts i am agry to not ban any cpu.

but whit physics score i vote for ban all the k and x cpu's.

edit :

i see now thad ther is no cloud gate stage.

but stil i vote for all cheap not only the gpu :)

Some people probably dont even have non k cpus so that's not a good idea. With a card this low end it will be fine. I mean it would be nice if everyone used a 4 core but it shouldnt matter too much.

Also look at the stages. With Catzilla even with 980 ti you can get a great score with a 4 core cpu.

3d01 doesnt scale with cores, all you need is 2 cores and remember this gpu is very weak.

and gpupi is 1 of the only benches we have that cpu doesnt have a big influence on scores.

Obviously they planned this out nicely. They used a very cheap gpu and picked benchmarks that dont really scale with cpu cores. And since the gpu is low end cpu speed shouldnt make a tremendous difference.

You should be able to do fine in this comp with a 6100 even

don't panic if gpupi not works.changing batch and reduction did the trik for me.

trayd this after 3 os and 4 drivers :)

and gpupi detect the 710 gk208 as 710

quiet you that's meant to be a secret but yeah 1b won't run unless batch size 5m or lower

The gk208 version is the only 710 to exist and what they have showing as 710 is actually a 705 which is OEM only