HWBOT Community Forums

CHEAPAZ CHIPS SEASON 1

newlife

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what kind of cooling are people considering? I'm getting DICE for Saturday. I'm just gonna cover the card in DICE. Not going to use any interface liquid just going to keep the heatsink covered in DICE. My card already does well over 1500 core clock on air so I'm hoping for 1700mhz with cold.

So what kind of cooling are people considering? I'm getting DICE for Saturday. I'm just gonna cover the card in DICE. Not going to use any interface liquid just going to keep the heatsink covered in DICE. My card already does well over 1500 core clock on air so I'm hoping for 1700mhz with cold.

1500 on air sounds really nice, havent tested mine yet, grabbed an evga 1gb. Gonna go with ln2 most likely. My last "cheaper" card 960 didnt like going past around -60c and I didnt have enough experience to find a cold slow mod or cold shut down mod. So dice temps should be really competitive.

Are odd ball GT 710's allowed too? For mine some specs don't get fully detected by gpu-z and it also has 16 ROPs & 16 TMU's.

The engraving on the chip says GK208-203-B1.

As long as it's GK208 and shows gt 710 in gpu-z it's fine

All my cards are GK208-203-B1 but some might be GK208-301-A1 on the market only diffrence is B1 has a gdd3/gddr5 controller instead just gddr3

I've actually got a card that does 1600mhz+ with ambient cooling so I'd like to think 1800mhz on dice

Did somwan notic any kind of ocp above 1,45vcore?

nice card newlif you have whit 1600+

Nope but scaling is pretty poor past 1.45v but that's normal for Kelper

And thanks, the msi card I got is a beast when overvolted

Edit: When you hit OCP the card will basically shutoff and system crash with no bsod or anything

hm than i have a other problem whit my msi card.

obove 1,45v - 1,5 it happens some time thad 3dm01 freze for a sec , and remain ware it stops.but at lower fps

no driver crash , gpu-z schow the +1400mhz

stil stock cooling whit a 120mm blowing at it.

next step whil be a geto tec setup.ln2 suplaier can not deliver ( vacation next weak , work on the depo and work on the highway )

Edited by skulstation

What are people getting on the memory clock? I can't seem to go over 1200mhz and I can't figure out how to get memory voltage raised on the ASUS card(no datasheets :( ). I'm considering using the DRAM VRM chunk of my Sabertooth(I'm working on making it a power board) and just using that to power the VRAM.

BTW here's the ASUS card Vcore datasheet: http://www.ubiq-semi.com/en-article-upi-473-1458