HWBOT Community Forums

Fund Raiser For Pulse88 & Rosty - Let's Be A Proper Community!

Guest TheMadDutchDude

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As @bartx says, thinking of that these two members will be compensated the way you say @Massman is pure naivity. And even if there is a chance, it will take maybe decade, or two. The world doesn't work that way.

I feel kinda sad how little of members of this community are willing to help, because I'm sure, that what holds whole OC together is the community itself. Maybe its too soon to make any assumptions, but any support like headline on hwbot web, facebook and other channels may help alot. Or is there any specific reason why it cannot happen?

Guest george.kokovinis
As @bartx says, thinking of that these two members will be compensated the way you say @Massman is pure naivity. And even if there is a chance, it will take maybe decade, or two. The world doesn't work that way.

I feel kinda sad how little of members of this community are willing to help, because I'm sure, that what holds whole OC together is the community itself. Maybe its too soon to make any assumptions, but any support like headline on hwbot web, facebook and other channels may help alot. Or is there any specific reason why it cannot happen?

Unfortunately, what Elkim says is absolutely correct.

What is even worse, is the fact that the expenses to go after so small claims, are not justified.

Forty years of experience on the streets have taught me that precaution is better than therapy.

And even then, if a small mishap happens, the legal system moves so slowly ( and with high costs ) that it is better to write off the damage, than chase a ghost.

I feel kinda sad how little of members of this community are willing to help, because I'm sure, that what holds whole OC together is the community itself. Maybe its too soon to make any assumptions, but any support like headline on hwbot web, facebook and other channels may help a lot. Or is there any specific reason why it cannot happen?

No particular reason other than waiting for the conclusion of the hearing.

I understand that it may get more exposure via web/social. I'll ask the editor to put up a news item. :celebration:

Forgot to post previously.

Count me in

How much? We take the sum and divide it with number of contributors?

When? Before/after trial?

Second part:

MR.Horse, why? Are you special, or simply just like being a d*ck? Dimas quoted the amounts and said he would refund in the other thread - but usual Dimas BS actually following up.... You are being a twat.

Once again; Count me in :)

Looks like many people want to join in, making it quite realistic to get the full amount.

Edited by M.Beier

Guest george.kokovinis
Count me in.

BUT please, if too many people give money ( i'm still dreaming :D ) and you collect too much , then give it to charity.

Do not buy hardware for a contest or gift for the community...

Both Brendan ( TheMadDutchDude ) and myself will keep absolute transparency of this procedure.

A full report will be issued PRIOR to any distribution of the money collected, as well as possible expenses ( PayPal - for example ).

Rosty and Pulse88, being the two final recipients, will be able to verify how

much money ended up in their hands ( pockets:D).

Hope this is satisfactory.

I am sure my friend Brendan will chime in later, as being the main controller of this.

Thank you.:)

Faith in community restored.

@TheMadDutchDude, to answer your question, I thought about this:

If less than 1600€ are raised: Do 50/50.

If more than 1600€ are raised: Give 800 to Rosty and the rest to Pulse88.

If more than 1855€ (800+1000+55(paypal3%)) are raised: Stop the fundraising.

How much as been donated right now?

Ho, forgot to mention, count me in :D

Edited by Christian Ney

Guest TheMadDutchDude
Once again; Count me in :)

Looks like many people want to join in, making it quite realistic to get the full amount.

My apologies if I missed your name previously. Thank you! :)

Count me in.

BUT please, if too many people give money ( i'm still dreaming :D ) and you collect too much , then give it to charity.

Do not buy hardware for a contest or gift for the community...

Thank you, Wiz.

That's a great idea! We will have to have a poll to decide where it is going, if it ever reaches that stage. :)

Faith in community restored.

@TheMadDutchDude, to answer your question, I thought about this:

If less than 1600€ are raised: Do 50/50.

If more than 1600€ are raised: Give 800 to Rosty and the rest to Pulse88.

If more than 1855€ (800+1000+55(paypal3%)) are raised: Stop the fundraising.

How much as been donated right now?

Ho, forgot to mention, count me in :D

Thanks Christian! :)

As of right now, I know that $300 ($150 each) has been raised by one particular member, which has been sent directly to each of them.

Thanks for being the first to actually reply to my question as well! I think you've got the right idea, as I follow a similar train of thought.

I will PM those on the list now.

Splave, extremely large of you, nothing shy of amazing.

Well played.

Everyone else; I just responded to the PM - what do you guys think, we just add random amount, or should we do 20,30,40,50 each? By end of this week, we will be 30+, thats 750 Euro if we contribute 25 Euro each.... Added with the amazing deed by Splave, the rest will come fairly fast too :)

What say you?

Well played.

Everyone else; I just responded to the PM - what do you guys think, we just add random amount, or should we do 20,30,40,50 each? By end of this week, we will be 30+, thats 750 Euro if we contribute 25 Euro each.... Added with the amazing deed by Splave, the rest will come fairly fast too :)

What say you?

I think each person can determine the amount they want to donate. Maybe someone can only afford $10, and someone else can afford $50. We don't want to exclude anyone who is willing to help :)

Well played.

What say you?

Just donate what you can afford. Lets keep it simple :).

Regards

Just had thought about overclockers nature. I'm curious if we will be witness of "keep pushing" in this case, also as we are used to with results :D

I donated a bit, since my "new" Ford screwed my over few days ago with CR fuel system :(

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I am currently at work (have been for the last 8 hours) ...

The current donation total sits at £168 according to my PayPal. It is held in three different currencies, but that's what it adds up to be at the current exchange rates via PayPal. :)

Here's the breakdown:

£168.18 Available

Currencies

£20.00

€65.00 EUR

$130.00 USD

What a truly stunning effort, guys.

Thank you, each and every one of you!

Edit: I forgot to say that I will update the spreadsheet either when I get home or this evening when I wake up. :)

Edited by TheMadDutchDude