HWBOT Community Forums

MSI GODLIKE OC SEASON 2: EXTREME 2D BATTLE DISCUSSION

Noxinite

• 2 weeks later...

I have uploaded another run, please remove my previous one and check that everything is correct...these damn rules...

You should also check the 5G Skylake tweakers challange. If you have the same benchmark, the rules must be the same!

Edit: The site was responding slow last night so I might have accidentally uploaded my first score twice...

• Administrators

Solid, the duals were removed, the new entry complies to rules 100% - on the skylake tweaker, we have different rules for XTU (not that strict), we made stage rules here very precise because we and MSI agreed on price pool that big needs strict rules

• 2 weeks later...

I won't start that discussion again. I don't think it is bugged. In the worst case, it is a lucky run, and that's not against the rules. HWBot rules apply to contest as well and ranks contains a lot of lucky runs, so no reason for mine to be bugged.

• Administrators

We will check with MSI and decide at difficult cases

@Bruno your score is very close to being unrealistic at given settings, this doesn´t mean I will block it, but I am not sure MSI will accept it, if I had had more time and energy last weeks I would have already asked Pepinorang what he wants to decide on this. Best I can give as advice is that you have a second run to submit before comps end, just in case, don´t want you to get in trouble if you don´t have a backup result

Ok. No problem submitting another score. Just please explain here the decision in a clear and logical manner. IMO "very close to unrealistic" it is not good enough for a competition of this level.

If the scores are on a mathematical graph related to the configuration, I don't see where is the competition. Just ask who knows the most tweaks or who's RAM is going higher and that's the winner.

Is it correct to assume that luck has no place in this contest?

• Administrators

Luck can be a factor, this is why I ask Pepi. The problem is the combination of board used, mem frequency and uncore is extremely unlikely to hit such a score. The TE is a 4 dimm T topology board which, like other boards of same topology, have a lot less efficiency at same settings normally at xtu than 2 dimm slot boards or daisy chain topology boards. There is a very interesting article related to this memory topolgy topic by Xtreme addict. In fact, on Asus 4 dimm boards or MSI you get a well known disadvantage against asrock or 2 dimm boards at xtu for example, this is well known for times now for Z170.

OC eSports

This is no random harassment, when I say result is normally too good to be true, I am not estimating but see facts. I hope you are not angry, the result was reported and I saw the disadvantage of T-boards myself several times, who normally need 4 dimms to match daisy chain boards or two dimmers, and even then have problems

Edited by websmile

:) I am not angry. I said from the beginning that I will comply with what the mods will decide.

I only want to clearly understand the decision which you already explained partially above. Yet I already knew that article, so I guess, it remains to decide the admissible percentage of luck. :))

However, I got the Z170i Gaming Pro AC yesterday, so I will bench with that one.

Edited by Bruno

• Administrators

Pre check done, I will not ban results because of missing spd tab btw, we have a contradiction there at rules, that´s main reason, and we also did not rule out any memory sticks like we planned initially

P.S. would have been only one result at a non top spot anyway for extreme, but I handle this same way for ambient competition, which would have been hit harder

Edited by websmile